Base Size

Larkin Vain

Good point. I don't have it covered yet in the rules but I think it is safe to say that all miniatures should be based on 30mm bases, except for the big golems and monsters like Kolljoy which are mounted on 50mm bases.

Basing miniatures on bigger bases is allowed for the game (gives both advantages and disadvantages), but basing them on smaller bases is not.

You can use larger bases? Awesome. Any word if Taelor is going to be allowed in the game? I'd love to use the Taelor I did for the last Femme Fatale (on 40 or 50mm base, don't remember and I'm at work). The drawbacks to the larger base might not offset the advantages enough for me, though. We'll see. I'm eagerly awaiting this one.

There is the possibility that the 40's and 50's got mixed up at one time, particularly early on when my family was helping with the packaging and/or during the three weeks we ran out of 40mm bases. That being said, they are supposed to be on 40mm bases.

Matty, I have a hard time believing we sent 30mm bases for each spider, mainly as for the longest time I had a hard time keeping them in stock but had plenty of 40's and 50's. Sure they didn't just get jumbled in whatever box they are kept in? If not, my apologies.

Seriously, every packet of spiders (Each set of 3 was in a little baggie) I got had 3 30mm base's in (I'v just measured them aswell to be sure)

I'm not fussed though so don't worry about it.

EDIT: I ordered them after a massive restock, you had just stocked another 200 and sent a mail out. I ordered them pretty instantly, so It was probably just a little mix up.

So good to hear that everything (or close to it) will be making it into the game. Yes! Loved the models before. Loved the idea of a skirmish game with 5-8 models on a side. Loved the brief teasers I got out of Nathan at Gen Con. Now I've got to decide what I'm going to do about basing the models. Unified, or individual settings...

You could do different rules for different base sizes.

So:

Both on seperate 30mm bases:

Rasputina gets 1 attack.

Familiar gets 2 attacks.

Both can attack independantly and recieve no +/- modifiers.

Both on a 40mm base:

Rasputina gets 1 attack.

Familiar gets 1 attack.

But as they are both working together the hit modifier gets +1 or something.

I know that ain't flawless, but it's an idea.

I say because Rasputina is a mad cool ice chick she gets infinite attacks, simply because she's a CHICK, and chicks rule. Her familiar is an extension.

OK, so thats not the case. I think that the familiar should be on a separate base, and almost a separate entity that gives her line of sight for spells and such. Both being magical entities, they would not get more than 1 physical attack since thats not their gig. Perhaps if the familiar is on the base it could give a boost to spell power or some such bonus.