Perdita, For those who missed Gencon

EricJ

well, she was for sale there, and this might not be as good at letting you have one, but I snuck the Perdita that I painted up in the booth home with me and got a photo for you all

Perdita-x.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like she won't be available for another month or two, unless you can manage to twist Nathans arm real good. :D

I got me one!!

But, had I known it wouldn't be released for a while, I'da stocked up and sold them on the black market for a huge profit!!!

And just so you all know, Eric did that in the booth, with poor lighting and tough conditions....Talk about an Iron Painter.....She looked great in real life...hell she looks great in the photo too!

oh man, between the lights, the whippings, the uncomfortable chair, and the getting up every 10 minutes to help a customer I'm pretty amazed she doesn't look finger-painted. Oh, and those who want to paint her, the hat fits on real nice (comes in a seperate piece) so do yourself a favor and paint the face first!! before you stick it on...I wad dumb, and didn't, which was rough considering the lights were not movable to see up under there (since they were giant halogens 50 feet up)

moral of the story...Nathan is a mean ogre

Gael is just an "in-demand" guy. I got two of his sculpts this weekend, a Wyrd and a Dark Sword and almost got a third Magnificent Egos one. Very nice stuff, Gael.

You know, now that you mention it, a bunch of the stuff I picked up this past GenCon was by Gael. Good stuff, all!

I almost started to paint Perdita yesterday, I was looking for a mini to practice some of the stuff I learned (or I hope I learned) from Jeremie's classes. But then I decided I didn't want her to be a practice piece, plus my superglue self-destructed on the trip so I'll have to wait until I have some more to be able to construct her (after painting the face, per Eric's advice).

You know, now that you mention it, a bunch of the stuff I picked up this past GenCon was by Gael. Good stuff, all!

To amend my earlier post, the Magnificent Egos mini I got was also Gael's but it was also credited to Chaz Elliot too. (Dawn, Fallen Archon, the angel). So I did get three in all. Nice round number. :D