Lost Minis at GenCon

Duende

Well, thanks to my own stupidity and forgetfullness, I lost all the painted minis I took along to GenCon. I had them in a brown cardboard box in a GenCon swag bag, which I accidentally left under one of the snack tables outside the hall just before it opened on Thursday. Not even 5 minutes passed when I realized I had forgotten it and when I ran back to the table, it was gone. It's never turned up again despite repeated trips to the lost and found desk and asking at every other table around.

So maybe if I put the word out, if anybody knows anything about some found minis, please PM or email me at clayzcheetah@yahoo.com.

The box was roughly 8in x 8in x 4 in. was plain brown cardboard with "Minis" written in marker on the top.

Some of the minis inside were:

Assassin Dryad

Bat of Carnage

Fenryll Butterfly

Reaper Minotaur

Wereshark Diorama

Also a painted Wyrd Sonnia Witchhunter which I unfortunately never got any pictures of.

Please contact me if you know anything!

Thank you.

-Michelle "Duende"

I am really REALLY sorry to hear this Michelle, and gutted for you.

I am sure this has crossed your mind, but it may be worth keeping a very close eye on ebay sales for the next few weeks, and if any pop up contact ebay and see if anything can be done (I know in the UK the police sometimes use Ebay to find stolen goods).

Other than that, just try and keep an eye on as many mini forums as possible in the hope that whoever found them feels compelled to share their good fortune with others.

I will certainly keep an eye open for you.

I'd appreciate it if anybody knows of other forums where this could be posted to go ahead and copy and paste my above post. I also put this at CMON and am trying to at Reaper forums, but it's not letting me start any new threads (maybe because I just registered or something?) If there are any Reaper forums regulars here, could you please repost this there?

Thanks orkydave. It was a hard blow because those were some of my favorite minis (esp the Bat of Carnage) and I tried to keep a brave face during the 'Con but was very upset a lot of the time. I'm going to try and keep an eye on eBay as well, so if any of you see any of my minis there, please let me know!

Did you post this to the GenCon forums? I'd recommend maybe one of the general forums rather than the mini one, as it's possible someone who doesn't know anything about painted minis picked them up. I really hope you get these back, I can only imagine how devasted you are. You did a great job keeping a happy face on at the con.

Oddly enough, I too left a box of my painted minis unguarded, and when I returned to the spot, not only were they still there, someone had put in a couple of tickiets to a beginner's painting class....

in all seriousness though, I'm sorry for the theft. having seen your stuff, I would say to keep an eye on e-bay and any upcoming pinting contests you hear about. Someone low enough to steal your hard work might be low enough to try to submit it as their own.