Freebooter squire

Sergeant_Crunch

Nope, this doesn't appeal to me at all. Freebooter minis are always a bit pricey, but usually you get something more substantial and more original for the price. You could get the Hasslefree kids (3 minis) for less than this one and they also look much better.

base, baseplate, shield, shieldarm, body/head, other arm. I saw this green at Miniatureansichten a while back. Werner showed it to me (together with a few other wip's... must say there are some nice ones comming)... i like this one... But as said before the price is to steep for me... I like the Hasslefree kiddies a lot (as much or maybe even more then these)... and I can get a lot more kiddies there for the same price.

why do the arms need to be seperate? Aren't the arms basically all on the same plane as the body? Looking now closer at that, the joints where the arms attach at the shoulders don't look as good as it would seem if there was no joint there and were cast in 1 piece.

I also don't think that Werners normal face, seen on this mini as well, looks particularly young. The sharp jawline, high cheekbones are definately not typically pre-pubescent

• 2 weeks later...
why do the arms need to be seperate?

The sharp jawline, high cheekbones are definately not typically pre-pubescent

Freebooter's miniatures always seemed to me to be more about *dioramas* than anything else, the price and multi-part nature seem to fit this, mind you, Im not saying that it makes it right to charge so much.

and indeed children, especially pewters, should always have chubby cheeks for grandparents to pinch in. :)