Neverborn in the Trials of Time.

Maniacal_cackle

I'm back to Neverborn for the next World Series event, so thought I'd make a discussion thread! I'm pretty rusty with Neverborn, so curious what people think suits what pools (which use the All packet, so will be a big change of pace).

image.thumb.png.25e14baac8df53b5b8cf0ff0d973c472.png

This is Round 1. What do people think? Lucius and Marcus are absolutely stellar here I feel. And of course I've always like Dreamer on corner Plant Explosives. Zoraida, Nekima both seem like fine choices as well. Euri, Pandora, and Titania? Probably not so much (although is a pretty good map for Titania).

What would people play here?

I am biased, but I would run Titania 2.  She may not be the fastest option, but Rougarou (Champions) and the Erymanthian Boar are both very mobile and can get the job done.  I would look to use her underbrush markers to clog the movement lanes and hinder the opponent's maneuverability.   "Into Thorns" will continue to hinder their mobility, and almost all your models will have it.  You should be able to own most the model placement.

Lugharcan's Clover \should be easy to achieve, since most Terrain will be working in your favor. That Terrain will be hindering the opponents movement, giving you the tools to relocate them with "Into Thorns," and giving your boar movement shenanigans to score points.  Deliver Message is also quite easy with Titania 2. With "Behold her Glory," Titania can target a Fae model within 10 inches of her or a Champion, allowing her to drop a scheme marker with 2 inches of that model. If that Fae model is tying up the enemy Master in Turn 5, easy second point.  Titania can also be okay at Take Prisoner, but I think she is better at the other two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Autumn King said:

I am biased, but I would run Titania 2.  She may not be the fastest option, but Rougarou (Champions) and the Erymanthian Boar are both very mobile and can get the job done.  I would look to use her underbrush markers to clog the movement lanes and hinder the opponent's maneuverability.   "Into Thorns" will continue to hinder their mobility, and almost all your models will have it.  You should be able to own most the model placement.

Lugharcan's Clover \should be easy to achieve, since most Terrain will be working in your favor. That Terrain will be hindering the opponents movement, giving you the tools to relocate them with "Into Thorns," and giving your boar movement shenanigans to score points.  Deliver Message is also quite easy with Titania 2. With "Behold her Glory," Titania can target a Fae model within 10 inches of her or a Champion, allowing her to drop a scheme marker with 2 inches of that model. If that Fae model is tying up the enemy Master in Turn 5, easy second point.  Titania can also be okay at Take Prisoner, but I think she is better at the other two.

Ooooo good points. I did think she looked good for the map!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 1:55 AM, Diceman87 said:

Zoraida loves round 1.

Grootslang, Silurid and First Mate can cover strategy, spread them out and power ritual.

Z2 can feed the power ritual while setting up for drawing cards with Moth Witch.

Ooooo, Grootslang is not one I considered. That's really cool. Also opens up the door for Marcus!

On 6/23/2022 at 1:48 AM, Hawkoon said:

Looks like a good map to play Titania1 AND Nekima1 for the good old "kill-everything-first-scheme-later" strategy? Back them up with some flying fast nephiliim and a shaman for some free focus.

How is Titania on corner? I often like her on wedge/more aggressive deployments.

IMG_4878.png

Also what do people reckon for Round 2?

It's a very difficult pool, with no guidance for positioning from the points... I could see a slow roller (like Dreamer or puppet summoning builds), or I could see going something super aggressive (like Titania or Nekima).

I do think that summoners tend to struggle on wedge since they have no time to abuse the game.

Lucius also seems great of course. Marcus likes the map but not sure how well he'd do the pool against a turtle.

Pandora is possibly the best I can think of, offering both summons and brutal play on wedge?

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Ooooo, Grootslang is not one I considered. That's really cool. Also opens up the door for Marcus!

How is Titania on corner? I often like her on wedge/more aggressive deployments.

I may have misunderstood the initial post, thinking you were asking for double master combinations. Titania herself is quite fast and if you pair her with Nekima, the duo is beyond brutal.

As a single master I have played her in corner, and I can make it work, but probably not optimal for her.

10 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

I may have misunderstood the initial post, thinking you were asking for double master combinations. Titania herself is quite fast and if you pair her with Nekima, the duo is beyond brutal.

As a single master I have played her in corner, and I can make it work, but probably not optimal for her.

Oh sorry this event is singles.

• Like 1

Did R2 practice last night
Titania
Gorar
Mysterious
Rex
Kurgan
Bowman

Titania and the Emissary took 0 walk actions because of the Kurgan, it also brought the Gorar turned Rex in to the game from the back of my DZ in a single activation. Very good unpack fixer and allows some serious aggression

• Like 1

Why just 1 ancient pact? Probably because the second doesnt fit in anymore…?? That makes me currious. Do you mind posting your fav build  here?

I guess i would play something like that: 

Round 1 (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson, Dishonorable
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Agent 46
  Hinamatsu
  Vasilisa
  Guild Lawyer
    Ancient Pact
  Changeling
    Ancient Pact
  Wicked Doll

2 minutes ago, extremor said:

Why just 1 ancient pact? Probably because the second doesnt fit in anymore…?? That makes me currious. Do you mind posting your fav build  here?

I guess i would play something like that: 

Round 1 (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson, Dishonorable
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Agent 46
  Hinamatsu
  Vasilisa
  Guild Lawyer
    Ancient Pact
  Changeling
    Ancient Pact
  Wicked Doll

My favorite build is basically that, but swap agent for candy or mysterious emissary.

This time I went for a Mature Nephilim. I did go for two ancient pacts in the end, but am worried about only 5 stones.

• Thanks 1