Waldo's Weekly - Easter Extravaganza 2022

Kyle

WW_4.6.2022_SocialMedia.jpg

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, Waldo broke the previous record for “most eggs found” during our annual office egg hunt competition. After we showed him the difference in the plastic ones we hid around the place and the normal bird-hatching variety he supposedly found, he claimed that they both taste the same. Eventually, he admitted to going to the grocery store and buying a carton, but only because he was hungry.

So, while we clean the egg off his face, let’s take a look at our upcoming annual Easter Extravaganza Event, which starts on April 13th and ends on April 20th!

If you’re unfamiliar with our annual Easter Events, this is a time when we open up our super-secret vaults and allow our Nightmare and alt models a little bit of time in the sun, making them temporarily available to purchase on our webstore.

Didn’t get a chance to reel in the Nightmare Nekima box, Deepest Depths? Have you gone back and forth on the Curiosity Killed the Cat Hamelin Nightmare box, and have decided to become a crazy cat lady yourself? Looking to fill out your zombie pirates crew with a Salty Seadevil? Well, your chance is coming up next week!

But it’s not just Nightmare boxes and previous alt models. You’ll also find some classic and hard-to-find Malifaux stuff that you’ll be able to put in your cart this year!

In case you missed our April LGS promotion announcement, our Easter Angelica will also be available!

WW_4.6.2022_Art.jpg WW_4.6.2022_Model.jpg

You can get your hands on this lovely pre-assembled model at this Easter Extravaganza Event in one of two ways:

• At your local game store through the LGS promotion during all of April

• For free during the Easter Event, after spending $100

At $200 spent, you’ll receive a Limited model of your choice (as supplies last).

And at $300 (and above) spent, you’ll receive a free limited Alt Hannah.

Here’s the breakdown:

EasterSale_Promo_750x1250.png

For a full list of everything that will be available, head to our webstore when the Easter Extravaganza Event begins!

We’ll see you next week!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nathan Sells said:

Do we know if the boxes slated for release in April will be available at the sale?

This is one of my questions as well.

The other is more of a entreaty than a question, but please Wyrd can we make every effort to present alternative (affordable) international shipping options.

22 hours ago, dancater said:

This is one of my questions as well.

The other is more of a entreaty than a question, but please Wyrd can we make every effort to present alternative (affordable) international shipping options.

Show me an alternative, affordable option and we'll consider it. We don't upcharge anything. We ship in multiple ways, in the cheapest manner possible, and short of shipping it by pigeon, which likely wouldn't be any cheaper, and folks would just complain when it stopped off wherever the birdseed was anyhow, there aren't many options. The postal system alone has raised the price multiple times in the last couple of years and on top of it now, are adding fuel surcharges. 

I would happily charge after alternative, cheaper methods would they be viable. 

Not having a dig at you in the least, just want to be clear about that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The cheapest option would be for wyrd to have a production hub in europe, but I guess the company and/or the market is not big enough.

Beside that, could a couple of indy companies cooperate to lower their shipping cost by doing big shipping together (by container)?

Yeah, that's not happening. So, would need to put output for another location/warehouse in another country, which also entails all the laws, legalities, and taxes that go along with that as well. Well, yes, I suppose it COULD make shipping cheaper, it certainly wouldn't be viable for the outlay in funds and resources to do so. Bit of a cut the nose to spite the face situation. 

And shipping containers, well, those are no longer viable much either these days for most folks. Used to be, you could get a 20' container shipped filled to the brim for about $4k. It got up to about $28k-30k at its highest here this last year. It's now down to much more manageable levels, but easily double to triple original costs, not to mention three to six times the amount of time for it to ship and process. Then there are the fun bits of port backups, lack of rail space/availability on the train tracks, and the one I absolutely love, them trying to find a driver to truck it the distance. We literally had a container sit in port in Savanah just three hours away, for over a month, because they couldn't get enough drivers in there to move all the containers, and they certainly weren't about to let us drive down there in a convoy and unload a container and truck it back with us (believe me, I asked). 

Again, not having a dig, just this is the sort of stuff sort of randomly thrown out there of 'well this could be done, or you should just open up a business in another country, or …'. Well yes, if things were easy and cheap, we would most certainly do those things. Or there is the, ' You should work with another company, have your product housed locally ...'. Well, yes, that also COULD be done, but there are legalities that go into it (should someone not follow through, or sort things properly, all sorts of hardships to sort stuff in that manner). Then, of course, there are flooring fees, handling fees, etc. - think Amazon, and then look at why they make stupid amounts of money - usually, because they are shipping, handling, flooring everything for businesses that neither have the ability or want, to deal with warehouses and employees ... and taking a rather nice chunk of the backside of everything. 

Frankly, no, we're not setting up shop in another country. Companies getting together and lumping shipping/sales … that's called retail and distribution, already do that. Now, should someone figure out the Portal Gun … I'm all about it, cake or no cake. :)

So, our options, until something more viable comes along, and we do actively seek them out, or negotiate for better rates (Kelly is a pitbull when it comes to that), it's the postal system as it stands, as completely inefficient and bumbling that it has become over the last few years, particularly with the pandemic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 3

On 4/8/2022 at 8:25 AM, Nathan Caroland said:

Show me an alternative, affordable option and we'll consider it. We don't upcharge anything. We ship in multiple ways, in the cheapest manner possible, and short of shipping it by pigeon, which likely wouldn't be any cheaper, and folks would just complain when it stopped off wherever the birdseed was anyhow, there aren't many options. The postal system alone has raised the price multiple times in the last couple of years and on top of it now, are adding fuel surcharges. 

I would happily charge after alternative, cheaper methods would they be viable. 

Not having a dig at you in the least, just want to be clear about that.

Yeah, maybe should have worded my post better.

Previously when I've ordered from Wyrd there has, unlike with many other overseas orders I've made, been multiple options.

This post indicates you folks will be doing that again, and really nothing more I could ask for, never thought you upcharged, that was never an issue.

So hopefully an option for shipping, which is truly out of your hands, is available and reasonable. Frustrating living in Australia, where practically every niche product needs to be shipped.

Don't expect Wyrd to open a Australasia hub, as great as that would be, as a lawyer I am aware of the expense and difficulty this entails, and Wyrd is not (and in this hobby no company ever will be) of the scale and profitability that multiple production hubs are viable. I 100% realise that the shipping catastrophe is not a Wyrd issue, its a global shipping issue. So all I'm asking is keep doing what you do and trying to give the financially strapped distant Wyrd-fans as many options as possible, I'm happy to ship slow and as cheap as possible.

Thanks Nathan.

• Thanks 1