Some Molly lists!

Someone asked me for Molly lists, so I figured I'd post what I wrote up where everyone can see:

I don't own Forgotten Marshal so don't tend to use it much.

In general you only need about a 1 stone cache for Molly, but need more if you have Hench that want stones. If you intend for Molly to attack, you need more stones so you can stone through concealment and other negatives.

Whisper on Molly is my favourite upgrade for the crew.

A basic keyword list:

• Molly + whisper
  • Philip
  • Archie
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Rabble riser
  • Rabble riser
  • Crooligan
  • 5 stones

You could add in a second crooligan if you wish! This will give a good feel for some of the basic models (and their big problems - they all die too easily). Can swap a rabble riser for a night terror, since they pair really well with Philip.

Then for a general list with good scoring power, you can start with a core of archie/crooligan/dead rider/manos + one other big scary model. This will have really good scoring power.

With the above builds you're looking for Molly to play a support role.

If you want more of a brawling build, take two of (Dead Rider/Valedictorian/Anna Lovelace), Archie, Crooligan, and 2 enslaved spirits. With this build you're looking for Molly to be in the battle, so you want a cache of about 7 stones.

And my most recent creation is:

• Molly 2
  • Hanged with GST
  • Hanged with GST
  • Crooligan
  • Archie
  • Manos
  • 5 stones

It is the only Molly 2 build I like so far... But my friend says it works well with Molly 1 as well.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Wondering to know for which pools you are taking first Molly's list from your post, it looks both scheme oriented and brawl oriented but models are squishy to take the fight imo. As for Philip i took him in some specific cases and sometimes he shines and become mvp but more often he get killed too soon (i have problems with activating him in the right time - want to use boring conversation, but than he loses all his defensive tech and it is so sad). Do you use wisper for archie for 100% leap or euo found card draw enough?

And it is so sad that Molly 2 looks like she doesnt work well with her crew, tended to test her but this pushes me off (anyway 2 hanged idea is great). 

2 minutes ago, LinenMusician said:

Wondering to know for which pools you are taking first Molly's list from your post, it looks both scheme oriented and brawl oriented but models are squishy to take the fight imo.

The all-keyword one? That's from back when all I owned was Molly's box + The Lost basically xD 

It's a good beginner list for people just starting out with the keyword that want to get a feel for how the keyword works.

2 minutes ago, LinenMusician said:

Do you use wisper for archie for 100% leap or euo found card draw enough?

I've tried Whisper on Archie, but I don't like it as much as on Molly (and I usually don't have the stones for two upgrades). One issue with having Whisper on Archie is I like to know whether a leap is guaranteed before I activate him rather than having to make the call to activate him and then see the top of the deck. He also can't do much about a bad set on top of the deck.

Molly on the other hand can balance her TNs around the cards on top of her deck and can shift between different modes pretty effectively based on what's there. She also can draw the cards she sees on top of the deck using Lost Knowledge, so if she sees a mask for Archie she can snag it before he goes.

Whisper on Archie is nice... I'm just not sure it is something that is worth half a crooligan.

5 minutes ago, LinenMusician said:

And it is so sad that Molly 2 looks like she doesnt work well with her crew, tended to test her but this pushes me off (anyway 2 hanged idea is great). 

Yeah, I think everyone was hoping that she'd be the saviour of Forgotten... But they still don't quite work that well I think. Although maybe someone else will make it work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just tried:

• Doxy
  • Doxy
  • Sloth
  • Dead Rider
  • Archie
  • Crooligan
  • Whisper on Molly
  • 3 stones

... The list wasn't quite right, and didn't have the scoring potential I wanted on corner symbols... But definitely on to something here. Molly + 2 doxies + sloth is pretty great... Maybe swap in Manos for Dead Rider, and have another source of willpower attacks? And more scoring power?

EDIT: Have to be reallllly conscious of concealing though, as this list does not cope well with it xD

I see, but what do the doxies actually do besides walking next to people? Do you really need 2 for getting scarlet tempation?

I love doxies too, but I often find 2 a little awkawrd. Because seduction and fancy cane are a little underwhelming and seduciton definitely negatively scales with having more of it.

24 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

I see, but what do the doxies actually do besides walking next to people? Do you really need 2 for getting scarlet tempation?

I love doxies too, but I often find 2 a little awkawrd. Because seduction and fancy cane are a little underwhelming and seduciton definitely negatively scales with having more of it.

I tend to value redundancy.

One doxy potentially they can escape the aura, or they can kill it, etc. Two doxies I was finding that after they rescued a model I'd just shove the next doxy forward.

That said, I should definitely try a single doxy at some point because that's pretty good value for 7 stones xD And realistically I'm going more for the threat of disturbing story than actually landing it.

Not really sure what I'd do with the 7 stones it frees up though... Could drop Sloth and then have a bunch of stones free xD

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cranky Old Man said:

Thoughts on the noxious nephilim?

The big things it offers are corpse generation and a 3/4/6 damage track that can gain fast and focused.

My favorite place for Noxious so far is McMourning 2. Makes extra corpses and then can get supercharged as a spare beater. Just complements the crew really well and you don't mind that it dies easily.

Molly, the way I run her you really want your beaters to stay alive. So Noxious isn't great for that.

But I'd consider it if I need ruthless as the upgrade almost pays for itself.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Makes extra corpses and then can get supercharged as a spare beater.

How are you super charging it with McM2? It can't get upgrades or take plastic surgery anymore. What do you do? 

You can grab it's attack to give elsewhere and a 2" min 3 attack isn't bad. Rancid Smell might have some uses too on occasion.  

Just now, Paddywhack said:

How are you super charging it with McM2? It can't get upgrades or take plastic surgery anymore. What do you do? 

You can grab it's attack to give elsewhere and a 2" min 3 attack isn't bad. Rancid Smell might have some uses too on occasion.  

Walk, focus with noxious.

Sloth with GST pulses blasphemous ritual and makes it fast. Has some decent synergies with the rest of the crew anyway and is an all around good model. GST doesn't have to be on Sloth, but I find it convenient enough as he doesn't need a bonus turn 1.

Fast, double focused flying beater with 3/4/6 damage track!

For Plastic Surgery, Rogue Necromancy attack is the best IMO. But yeah it's another attack in case Necro isn't available!

Come to think of it, I haven't given Noxious a fair go with Molly 1.

Between her and Dead Rider, there's a lot of tools to abuse (you can even reap noxious xD).

Noxious Molly 1? (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 2
Leader:
  Molly Squidpiddge
    The Whisper
Totem(s):
  Necrotic Machine
Hires:
  Sloth
    Grave Spirit's Touch
  Archie
  Dead Rider
  Noxious Nephilim
  Crooligan
  Crooligan 2
References:
  Mindless Zombie

I find noxious feels best when there is a sloth and a gst in the crew. Dead Rider plays well with those, and also his reap helps keep Noxious safe.

Molly activation control helps pull it all together...

So gotta try it!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried Molly 2 against Tara 2 in a tournament today.

Archie, manos, Rider, 2 crooligans, 2 spirits was an incredible amount of movement.

The 2 crooligan builds are really interesting for from the shadows. They can claim a flank on Covert Operation and then teleport to the main fight to assist.

So managed to win!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not to step on @Maniacal_cackle’s toes with all the amazing Molly guides I have about 20 games of Molly2 under my belt now (very much forced) and will soon be writing up a guide for those wishing to bring her to the table (spoiler alert this GG is probably as good as she is going to get and there are some fun and interesting ways to play her) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OracleToronto said:

Not to step on @Maniacal_cackle’s toes with all the amazing Molly guides I have about 20 games of Molly2 under my belt now (very much forced) and will soon be writing up a guide for those wishing to bring her to the table (spoiler alert this GG is probably as good as she is going to get and there are some fun and interesting ways to play her) 

The more perspectives the better!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Tried Molly 2 against Tara 2 in a tournament today.

Archie, manos, Rider, 2 crooligans, 2 spirits was an incredible amount of movement.

The 2 crooligan builds are really interesting for from the shadows. They can claim a flank on Covert Operation and then teleport to the main fight to assist.

So managed to win!

This sounds awesome. Have you tried to bog down the 2strat markers in the middle with toshiro and his summoned ashigarus with range 2" melee? Or is it too much hand pressure for Molly2?