Henchmen per Keyword

Thatguy

Does anyone have a list I'd the number of Henchman per keyword/Master?

I was looking at making Henchman Hardcore crews and it struck me that some key words are spoiled for choice and others have only one option. Do we thing that sound is these keywords might get a second Henchman at some point?

Like in Bayou:

Swampfiend-4

Infamous-2

Kin-2

Wizzbang-2

Tri-Chi-2

Tricksy-2

Big Hat-1

Sooey/Pig-1

I don't think that there needs to be an equal number of Henchmen in a keyword/faction.  

And how would you like the information, as I think Bayou Swampfiends have 3 henchmen and Nephilim swampfiends have 1. And some henchmen have multiple keywords (First Mate), and others don't match any master keyword (Gluttony). 

I don't know what the future plans are, but it is worth remembering that Sooey just gained a henchmen in the Starter box.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermit said:

So there's 102 Henchmen total. You can go through each keyword 1 by 1 in our advanced search to figure out the numbers if you like, here's all the current henchmen:

https://biggerhat.net/advanced?station=2

I think you have an error in your data base, Nurse Hartsbane isn't a henchman. so 101 

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I don't think that there needs to be an equal number of Henchmen in a keyword/faction.  

And how would you like the information, as I think Bayou Swampfiends have 3 henchmen and Nephilim swampfiends have 1. And some henchmen have multiple keywords (First Mate), and others don't match any master keyword (Gluttony). 

I don't know what the future plans are, but it is worth remembering that Sooey just gained a henchmen in the Starter box.  

I agree it isn't something the game NEEDS, but it is something that I WANT. 

I think Henchman Hardcore could use a little more love. It's one of the easier ways to introduce players to the game. It's also an alternative that can be posted in under an hour which is a big plus for me. The Starter Boxes seem to have been made sorry that goal in mind. Keywords with more henchman have more leader options, which is something I would like to see. 

For the purposes of Henchman Hardcore I think keyword grouping is probably more useful than faction+Keyword grouping. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

I think Henchman Hardcore could use a little more love. It's one of the easier ways to introduce players to the game. It's also an alternative that can be posted in under an hour which is a big plus for me. The Starter Boxes seem to have been made sorry that goal in mind. Keywords with more henchman have more leader options, which is something I would like to see. 

For the purposes of Henchman Hardcore I think keyword grouping is probably more useful than faction+Keyword grouping. 

We're working on changing the "Masters" section of BiggerHat to "Leaders" and adding in Henchmen so anyone who can lead a crew is included. I'll work on breaking it down by factions or keywords so people can choose however to view it. 

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Only if you always hire within keyword. Do any out of key word or versatile hiring and you get very different options if you start with juju or mctavish. 

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

We're working on changing the "Masters" section of BiggerHat to "Leaders" and adding in Henchmen so anyone who can lead a crew is included. I'll work on breaking it down by factions or keywords so people can choose however to view it. 

Nice. 

You guys are putting in a lot of work!

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Only if you always hire within keyword. Do any out of key word or versatile hiring and you get very different options if you start with juju or mctavish. 

That is true.

I feel like OoK picks are less common in HH. Because of the small pool OoK taxes hurt more and with only 4 models keyword synergies seem more important. 

19 hours ago, Thatguy said:

That is true.

I feel like OoK picks are less common in HH. Because of the small pool OoK taxes hurt more and with only 4 models keyword synergies seem more important. 

Depends on Faction maybe? I’ve only HH’d as Outcast, Resser and TT, and Jake/Bishop, Toshi/Yin or ANZ/Ototo are frequent OOK picks because they are so strong for the Strat/Schemes. Though, that could be that I use stones for reasons other than to attempt to deny the Assassinate/Vendetta reveal rarely.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:54 AM, Thatguy said:

Henchman-led games already have a fair few options, and every new henchman has potential for a huge impact on the 50ss version of the game.

If you're just wanting more casual options, perhaps trying enforcer leaders could work as well? HH already has a low SS pool, so having a leader that can't use soulstones should possibly work out fine.