New and looking for mini’s

Darctos

Hi!! I just discovered these awesome miniatures an would like to buy a few. I am hoping to get some good recommendations about what to buy, considering combinations in gameplay if I ever wanted to go playing 🙂 but for now I thought I’d start out with a few to do some painting and use them in my Cthulhu RPG.

I am looking for some cool hunters and some cool lovecraftian monsters. I hope to find a miniature that looks a lot like Jacob from Assassins creed syndicate (see lichtjes) and a few others. The more customisability the better 🙂 

Any  suggestions? 

gaminesia_assassins-creed-syndicate-feat

Loftcraftian monsters I tend to think either Jacob Lynch's honeypot crew, or Tara's Obliteration crew.  Tara is closer to it than Lynch but there's still some tentacles / etc in the honeypot.

As for Assassin creed style, I would think some of Lucius' Elite models (like Agent 46) or some of the Syndicate models (Rook / Operatives) are kind of cloak / dagger looking.  That said, that one is a bit harder for me to figure out cause I dont play those games so I dont know the aesthetic too much, but there's a lot of dark cloaked people with weapons in malifaux, so a lot could probably stand in ;)

Biggest down side of these thoughts is that they're all in different factions, so if you wanted to start playing the actual game you wouldn't be able to play any of the models together.

You cannot talk about Lovecraftian crew without mentioning Dreamer and his Nightmare keyword. Check out Widow Weaver, Coppelius and Insidious Madness. Another crew you would like to have a look is Tara and her Obliteration. You can find tentacle monster and hounds come out from void to hunt people playing with time.

As for the Assassin Creed model, the closest one I can think of is the Midnight Stalker from the Outcast faction. His lore and outlook fit the theme the most (not his playstyle though). We have other "assassin" like Agent 46 and Corvis Rook, but they are more like Hitman.

You can go to the Crew Builder and search for the model's name to see its artwork.

Kinda weird that noone has yet mentioned Desper LaRaux as the Assassin's Creed sampling. Was my first thought, based on the picture provided.

Also, if you go with Lynch for the Cthulhu-ish vibe as @muraki suggested, it'd be a legal, if possibly not very efficient pairing (am not a competitive enough player to know how well they pair).

Though the Hucksters you get with him are useful in most Ten Thunders (which is what Lynch is) crews. And McCabe as a second Keyword option provides some significant variation for different scheme and strategy pools.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, Morgan Vening said:

Kinda weird that noone has yet mentioned Desper LaRaux as the Assassin's Creed sampling. Was my first thought, based on the picture provided.

Also, if you go with Lynch for the Cthulhu-ish vibe as @muraki suggested, it'd be a legal, if possibly not very efficient pairing (am not a competitive enough player to know how well they pair).

Though the Hucksters you get with him are useful in most Ten Thunders (which is what Lynch is) crews. And McCabe as a second Keyword option provides some significant variation for different scheme and strategy pools.

Need to correct you. Hucksters are Wastrels, so they're OOK for Lynch. I believe you mean McCabe. He's the one that uses Hucksters and Desper LaReux.