Mei Feng Core Crews

Bullfrog

Hi Y'all,

I have really been playing Mei Feng a bunch and realized I am only utilizing parts of her keyword in my core crew and instead rely on a lot of OOK.  What does your core crew for Mei Feng look like? I am not necessarily interested in a "optimal" crew (as metas can vary so much) but I am hoping to see other ways players build her crew. Also, I have only played her in arcanist, I am not really sure what a TT Mei Feng crew looks like. What OOK models do you take?

Here is the core crew I have been running:

Size: 50 - Pool: 6

Leader: Mei Feng (Magical Training)

Totem(s): Forgeling

Hires:

Sparks LeBlanc (Magical Training)

Metal Golem

Mechanical Rider

Metal Gamin

Mecharachnid

This was my basic list that I learned the crew (and M3E) on. I generally start with this in crew building and then swap models out. 

Basic Foundry (Arcanists)
Size: 50 - Pool: 9
Leader:
  Mei Feng
Totem(s):
  Forgeling
Hires:
  Kang
  Neil Henry
    Soulstone Cache
  Rail Worker 3
    Magical Training
  Rail Worker
  Metal Gamin
  Metal Gamin 2

She was the master that I learned the game with before the pandemic hit, got ~16 games with her, so not an expert or tournament player by any means. 

My core quickly settled into: Mei, Forgeling, Metal Golem, Survivor w Magical Training, then either a Metal Gamin or the Porkchop. So that's 28 or 26 stones left over for flavor. I didn't manage to get any versatiles until after the pandemic hit, so remaining was usually some combo of Kang, Neil Henry w/ SS Cache and/or another Metal Gamin or maaaybe a Rail Worker.

I've experimented a couple times with Steam Arachnid Swarms, and think they fit very well in the crew, backed up by a Rail Worker to heave them up the field twice T1 before they activate. 

so my basic crew is generaly, meifeng, forgling, sparks, porkchop, golem with cache, rail worker with magical training, and two gamin and 6 stones 

idea being that the rail worker pneumatic tosses one of the gamin forwards turn 1 to get the rail line going and then the two gamin scheme run, while rest do whats required of them 

the porkchop and the cache can be taken out to fit in other things as needed

alternatively you could swap the rail worker for a suriviver and the porkchop and gamin for spider swams if you think your rail line shenanigans isnt going to work