are there any Euripides geniuses around? Place tips here

ooshawn

1 hour ago, LightningJuice said:

I don't know why I didn't see it before, probably because I haven't played Euripides in a long time. Symbols should be super easy for him. Tree Trunk teleport The Damned to an Ice Pillar next to one of their Symbols... ez pz. With Euripides' range on creating the Ice Pillars you can more than likely get pillars down close to multiple Symbols to make it hard for your opponent to predict where Damned will come out (if they even expect it to happen at all). Will be trying this the next chance I get!

Also, I think Gigants are going to be super strong, if not at least annoying, in Break the Line. Their Bonus to prevent Interacts/Concentrate within 2" of an Ice Pillar is super easy denial. Sure they can remove the pillar via an action or some other removal, but its something they have to do. Its not a free Interact with the strat marker. And one more action could be all you need to deny the point from them.

I just keep finding more reasons to add things to this post...

I think Euripides is going to come into his place in GG2. Cyclops are so good for Death Beds and Detonate Charges (maybe you take 2 Cyclopes for Detonate if you want to be super safe and flexible?). Just poop those scheme markers out of Pillars which will probably be everywhere.

Super trolly, and not as easy to pull off. You could use Eurpides or the Geryon to throw the Frozen Trophy Ice Pillar back into your table half (if it's not already). Then wait until they've activated the Buried model, put a Scheme marker down then destroy the Ice Pillar yourself to pop the enemy model out and score Bait and Switch 🤣

Cyclops are even stronger than you might think. Since they have a 12" range on their Ice Pillars and the Frozen Runes ability, they are going to be very good ranged scheme runners. They will also be good for Outflank, Research Mission, and Spread Them Out.

I only wish they had their trigger built in on Ice Pillars. I think that if they had done that though, Cyclops (2) would have been an auto include in every Euri list.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Azkral said:

Well Zoraida is helpful to his crew, those obeys with so many good beaters look good

Pandora's activation control would also not be out of place plus she brings Misery for Staggered, Slow, and Stunned.

The poltergeist would synergize with Telekinesis and the Ice Pillars, but I feel like that's a trap as you would be removing Ice Pillars from the table.

8 minutes ago, Vaylos said:

Cyclops are even stronger than you might think. Since they have a 12" range on their Ice Pillars and the Frozen Runes ability, they are going to be very good ranged scheme runners. They will also be good for Outflank, Research Mission, and Spread Them Out.

I only wish they had their trigger built in on Ice Pillars. I think that if they had done that though, Cyclops (2) would have been an auto include in every Euri list.

Agreed, the suit missing here isn't as big of a deal because of The Old Ways. But this crew is so Tomes heavy that there are only so many to go around. Of course its on the Euripides player to allocate them as needed, so if you need the Cyclops to make that Pillar you'll save it. Or opportunistically activate the Cyclops when you see a Tome on discard.

And yeah - if it was a built in Tome it would be 2 Cyclops auto include for sure haha

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Vaylos said:

Pandora's activation control would also not be out of place plus she brings Misery for Staggered, Slow, and Stunned.

The poltergeist would synergize with Telekinesis and the Ice Pillars, but I feel like that's a trap as you would be removing Ice Pillars from the table.

So, you suggest to play Euripides as a support in Dora crew. This is cool, but I think the other way around could be even better (but you loose the activation control ability which is crew leader only)...

What about this

STAGERPIDES (Euripides +Dora) (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Euripides
Totem(s):
  Primordial Magic
Hires:
  Pandora
  Cyclops
    Ancient Pact
  The Damned
  Lyssa
  Lyssa 2
  Lyssa 3

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, SEV said:

So, you suggest to play Euripides as a support in Dora crew. This is cool, but I think the other way around could be even better (but you loose the activation control ability which is crew leader only)...

What about this

STAGERPIDES (Euripides +Dora) (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Euripides
Totem(s):
  Primordial Magic
Hires:
  Pandora
  Cyclops
    Ancient Pact
  The Damned
  Lyssa
  Lyssa 2
  Lyssa 3

I'd almost trade out the Lyssas for two Gigants. The Lyssas stat 4 staggered ability is so low. 

Maybe even another Cyclops. Use Euri to throw down pillars and Cyclops to Frozen Runes - Jera. That way there is no resisting the ability, you just have to hit a target number and models within 2 inches of that ice pillar automatically gain staggered. 

Has anyone been a little reluctant to use Euripides if your opponent calls Explorer Society as their faction? With the size of this crew and the issues trying to mitigate LOS to the enemy I see Cooper being a very tough opponent for this crew. Haven't run into this yet but my normal opponent just bought the Apex crew and I thought of this. 

31 minutes ago, Deathknight Tactica said:

Has anyone been a little reluctant to use Euripides if your opponent calls Explorer Society as their faction? With the size of this crew and the issues trying to mitigate LOS to the enemy I see Cooper being a very tough opponent for this crew. Haven't run into this yet but my normal opponent just bought the Apex crew and I thought of this. 

I think it comes down to pillar placement at that point. There's a reason the ice pillars are the same height as Euri. 

I personally have not faced Cooper yet, but I've faced ranged lists and using terrain and ice pillars to block LOS is key.

Gigants become very valuable as they can toss rocks without having to have those LOS lanes that Coopers crew will. 

Alternatively, you could play the Ice Pillar jumping game. The Harpooners are the only Apex models with Gunfighter. 

Teleport in Geryons with the Gigants trees trunk trigger and engage them so you take away their ranged superiority. 

20 minutes ago, Deathknight Tactica said:

Cooper's rifle ignores cover and the ice pillars are 30mm while everything else is 50mm. That's the biggest problem, yes you could do the ice pillar jumping game but I feel like you'd still be very very exposed early in the game which means by the time you set up all the jumps you've lost two or three of your crew already.

Cooper's rifles don't ignore LOS though. Use the Ice Pillars to create a screen to block LOS. Two of them will do and allow you to have cover to move up the board.

1 minute ago, Vaylos said:

Cooper's rifles don't ignore LOS though. Use the Ice Pillars to create a screen to block LOS. Two of them will do and allow you to have cover to move up the board.

Depending on how much terrain and what type of terrain you typically use this could be a huge drain to your resources. Also using two would hinder how many your spreading out for shattering surprise.

I just feel like it's too much to have to work around when there are other options. I'd basically just rule out Euripides for ES games and bring basically any other master I could that would benefit from the smaller terrain. Unless you have A LOT of large buildings that obstruct LOS in the board. Because in that situation why would anyone  call a master that relies on long sight lines. 

15 minutes ago, Deathknight Tactica said:

Depending on how much terrain and what type of terrain you typically use this could be a huge drain to your resources. Also using two would hinder how many your spreading out for shattering surprise.

I just feel like it's too much to have to work around when there are other options. I'd basically just rule out Euripides for ES games and bring basically any other master I could that would benefit from the smaller terrain. Unless you have A LOT of large buildings that obstruct LOS in the board. Because in that situation why would anyone  call a master that relies on long sight lines. 

To each their own. I've tied games with Parker at least twice now and used the screening tactic.

A two Pillar screen is one card. If you can Old Ways it, you get 80mms of screen that Cooper has to send someone in to deal with.

If you can go full hog and get 120mm across the center of the board, your opponent is going to have to deal with a lot of blocked sight lanes.

That's just one turn, two cards and one HP from your master. I would willing trade one master activation to shut down the majority of a ranged crew's strength every single time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Azkral said:

The problem with ES against Euri is calypso, he can remove destructible terrain very easily 

Mad Dog Brackett does the same. Still tied the games.

You will know that Cooper is coming. You can prepare for him.

You have to remember that you have Old Ways. If you know the shot is coming from the Master, hold your high card and Old Ways it. 

Or Soul Stone it if you can. 

Focus early to prepare if you have garbage in your hand Turn 1 or Stone for Cards.

Bring three Bultungin to run schemes and drop 3 fifty mm Underbrush markers. 

Declare that you would like any forests in the table to be Dense, Concealing, Severe. 

Forget the killing game and try to score points, that way you save all your resources for defense. 

There are options. You just have to accept that there is going to be difficulties, just like with every game. 

It is my humble opinion that being adaptable is one of the major keys to winning Faux games. 

• Like 1