"Control" masters that are fun to play against?

Arzalyn

17 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

I recommend Pandora and Lucius - then when you want a summoner, Dreamer will be a natural extension :)

-

But really, I’d recommend getting the models, that makes you want to paint the most. 

I reckon Pandora and Dreamer are both terrible to play against for new players. Alongside Zoraida, that's the top 3 worst player experiences in Neverborn I imagine? xD

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I reckon Pandora and Dreamer are both terrible to play against for new players. Alongside Zoraida, that's the top 3 worst player experiences in Neverborn I imagine? xD

I’ll one-up you. Every master is the worst experience for a new player, facing off vs a more experienced player — that’s why you should start playing Henchman Hardcore until you’re familiar with the base mechanics and principles of the game 😊

51 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

I’ll one-up you. Every master is the worst experience for a new player, facing off vs a more experienced player — that’s why you should start playing Henchman Hardcore until you’re familiar with the base mechanics and principles of the game 😊

I disagree, but playing experience is vastly different from a person to an other. You'll certainly loose, but loosing by being shout down all the game is different than loosing to an aggro master that just wreck you (both can be seen as unfunny, but usually people seem to think that they have more game against the later than the former). Personally I prefer to get wreck in a real game instead of playing a town down version of the game even as a beginner.

As for the OP request I think they're looking for an aggro-control or a tempo list (focus on managing the pace of the game and the term of engagement - I.e. positioning) instead of pure control list (focus on denial).

I think Zipp could be really good in that role. He's not OP and really fun to play with and against (Piano are annoying but at least they're funny and you have counter play). In Bayou, you can play an Heavy trap list with Mah to achieve something similar. 

3 hours ago, SEV said:

I think Zipp could be really good in that role. He's not OP and really fun to play with and against (Piano are annoying but at least they're funny and you have counter play). In Bayou, you can play an Heavy trap list with Mah to achieve something similar. 

Zipp’s a great choice - although excruciatingly annoying - and he allows to branch out into two factions. 

On 1/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, SEV said:

As for the OP request I think they're looking for an aggro-control or a tempo list (focus on managing the pace of the game and the term of engagement - I.e. positioning) instead of pure control list (focus on denial).

After the discussion around here I think that is pretty close to what I'm after (I wasnt sure If you used this terminology around here). Zipp looks funny, even if the Infamous models like a cohesive appearence (IMO). I will give their cards better look!

On 1/15/2021 at 7:23 PM, Regelridderen said:

Zipp’s a great choice - although excruciatingly annoying - and he allows to branch out into two factions.

Sadly Outcasts is the factions I have the least interest in (except for Tara, model wise), but Bayou have some other interesting options.