Good advice from one of our own.

4thstringer

I'm definitely feeling point 3 hard in Ressers. Every keyword I try, I eventually end up wanting things from OOK/versatiles.

The power level of models vary so greatly, it seems to dwarf synergies in many cases.

Points 1 and 2 are interesting, as that is always a huge challenge of learning a crew (whether to be the aggressor or play for more control).

It's interesting to see Guild as a more controlling faction. It definitely feeds into the thought that Daschel, Lucius, and Nellie are the competitive masters in faction. These three also happen to be the masters in Guild that draw cards the easiest. 

I personally feel like the state of our scheme running models has been reset back to the beginning of 2e. We had some of the least efficient scheme runners for a while. This might be what hurts Guild the most in terms of scheme completion. 

I agree with most of the models listed as the best tools in the faction, except for Phiona. Is she really that good? She has some good durability and tricks. I just have trouble justifying 10 ss for her. 

2 minutes ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

It's interesting to see Guild as a more controlling faction. It definitely feeds into the thought that Daschel, Lucius, and Nellie are the competitive masters in faction. These three also happen to be the masters in Guild that draw cards the easiest. 

I personally feel like the state of our scheme running models has been reset back to the beginning of 2e. We had some of the least efficient scheme runners for a while. This might be what hurts Guild the most in terms of scheme completion. 

I agree with most of the models listed as the best tools in the faction, except for Phiona. Is she really that good? She has some good durability and tricks. I just have trouble justifying 10 ss for her. 

She's very durable, has pretty easy access to 3 attacks with positives and bring it is a better lure

20 minutes ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

I agree with most of the models listed as the best tools in the faction, except for Phiona. Is she really that good?

She is better. I regret not mentioning her as an OOK pick on the Lucius podcast. Easy access to +es on all opposed duels, df6, easy access to armour+2 and laugh off, hard to kill, take the hit (which she won't even have to move for with Laugh Off), excellent bonus action, decent attack, good grit if she ever gets that low. 10 health. The list goes on and on.

• Like 1

She is the reason you can eat up aggression. She will not die and will protect your key models. And she will do it with the positives if you are smart enough. Bring It is invaluable, dont understimate it. And she has the best "I got Your Back" in the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think I understood how good she was until I watched one of @Legislat s videos on YouTube from the VWC.  Soaking up obeys to keep the attacks at min 2, using bring it to pull back models that were out in front, she just did a ton of work.  And I think on top of that he may have done both claim jump and half of hidden martyrs with her (I was falling asleep so I'm not sure about that part).

Guild used to be a hyper aggressive faction, so their design this edition is very hard to understand, and has been a tough adjustment for a lot of us long time guildies.  I'm still amazed at your results, because while I don't think it is as bad as Kyle @kyodee says on that AWP, I also didn't think we were in a good enough spot for someone to consistently place that well with guild, and that russian meta is legit.

• Like 1