Tips on playing Asami?

Sidebutt

I just finished my first M3E game with Asami, and went 5-3 vs Jacob Lynch.

My Opponent prefers to randomize an encounter, after we build our crews so i went with:

Asami
Amanjaku
Amano No Zako
Shadow Emisaary
Fuhatsu
Obsidian Oni
Dawn Serpent

My thought process was to play an elite, and somewhat self sufficient crew, that would require some efforts to deal with, while Asami could summon and just be usefull.
While it worked out Asami ended up doing nothing the whole game, other than summon, mothers love and push summons up towards the battle, and i just felt like i was missing something. 

Maybe it was just the state of the game, but i no point did i feel like it would make sense for her to do anything else. 
Is that also how you guys are playing her, or does she take a more active role in your games?

Depends on the situation... sometimes she runs out and murdered stuff with her execute trigger, sometimes she's a summon bot.  The best part is she CAN do both exceptionally.

• Agree 1

I really like attention least 1 Akaname in my starting list. Drops schemes and then corpse/scrap for healing summons and have a fantastic attack for their stones to gum up the enemy in engagement. Bargain for 4ss often take 2. Would sub them in for the Obsidian Oni.

I'm a huge fan of playing Sun Quiang in my Asami lists.

I also really like akanames x2/3 because they are such good models for everything. You can't really summon them because they would need too much attention, so recruiting them is good.

Another model I love to play in my Asami lists is Sun Quiang. There is sooo much combo and synergy between him and asami.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:56 PM, Da Git said:

I really like attention least 1 Akaname in my starting list. Drops schemes and then corpse/scrap for healing summons and have a fantastic attack for their stones to gum up the enemy in engagement. Bargain for 4ss often take 2. Would sub them in for the Obsidian Oni.

Also Akaname are excellent when you take Lucas McCabe as a second master to help him draw and give relics to your minions! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bedjy said:

Don't use her in public ennemies (because you kill your own models when they flicker out) :)

She can do anything else

Whom can you reccomend to buy as second master to Asami to cover public enemies? I also own McCabe, but not his "Born every minute" box, don't know if he is good for that strategy.

1 hour ago, Raimu said:

Whom can you reccomend to buy as second master to Asami to cover public enemies? I also own McCabe, but not his "Born every minute" box, don't know if he is good for that strategy.

Mac cabe is quite interesting as a leader in public ennemies, just grab a jorogumo, give it a bunch of upgrades and fast and watch it crush into opponent's lines. 

New Lucas McCabe, Relic Hunter Crew (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Lucas McCabe, Relic Hunter
Totem(s):
  Luna
Hires:
  Jorogumo
    Masked Agent
  Sidir Alchibal
  Samurai
    Trained Ninja
  Obsidian Oni
  Tanuki

With what you already have, that could be a pretty powerfull list. (Samurai and tanuki always are good models).
the Obsidian oni will spend his first 2 actions attacking the samurai to generate scraps. Then you'll be able to give up to 3 upgrades with mc cabe.
This list is a bit Off topic, but it is a good solution to public ennemies and it is Oni-based :)