Act 1, Scene 1, Take 187.... ACTION!

Jesy Blue

Is there a pattern of things you do at the begging of the game with a crew?  Do you have it memorized?  Do you say the words unconsciously?  Can you even repeat it outside of the game?

I have a Von Schill build with the Emissary, I give out Equipment to 3 minions, more if it hit the right triggers, then bonus action Focus.  Emissary gives Regeneration Trinket to Von Schill & Don't Mind Me Trinket to someone else, then bonus action push & place a scheme marker.

In Tri-chi, first Fingers Toasts twice, then Takes A Drink and stones to Shower of Booze.  Moon Shinobi/Fermented River Monk Has A Drink with Fingers & The Brewmaster, then Takes A Drink; the 2nd one just does it to Brewmaster twice.  Brewmaster Lures Fingers, triggers "Obey", Fingers Toasts... do it 3 times if you can, then Take a drink and Shower of Booze.

These 2-3 activations go off reguardless of opponent, table set up, scheme or strategy.  Sure, occasionally you get a black joker mixed in, but it's one activation that won't hold up the set up machine.

I know McMourning has a similar 1st turn set up as Tri-Chi... but does any other players and/or crew have such a beginning ritual?

Interesting topic! Likely has an effect on game-length too! Some thoughts on some Ressers...

Molly as an activation control master has to stay very responsive to the game as it develops. She has no set plan, though has some patterns that emerge:

• Blasphemous ritual (if applicable)
  • Minions first, sometimes just focusing and dropping a scheme marker to burn an activation.
  • Inconsequential activations (like moving Philip and the Nanny if they can't attack them).
  • Pass tokens as needed.
  • Molly moves, pulses, constructive criticisms as needed.
  • Minions reactivate.
  • Opponent finishes activating
  • Key beaters activate without fear of retaliation.

Reva on the other hand is pretty set in her ways, with synergies relying on each other. However, even this rough order can change around quite a bit:

• Corpse candles (largely acting as pass tokens, but sometimes one runs across the board).
  • Possibly move one model forward to be bashed by shieldbears.
  • Restless spirit vomits a corpse marker if necessary.
  • Blasphemous rituals and shieldbears (which is really clunky).
  • The rest of the crew getting into position, covered by key beaters (Reva, Vincent, etc).
  • Key beaters activate.
  • Reva activates as close to last as possible to stay safe.
  • Thanks 1

Mostly I have it with Brewie, but I overload Fingers with poison to draw 2-3 cards a turn in turn 2-3-4. I put some poison in the Whiskey Golem to use the small favour with Fingers and get him to focus +4 in turn 1.

I don't use Fermented River Monks, so I only need poison in Fingers (7-8), in Brewie (3-4) and the Golem (3).

With Reva, if I'm playing my standard list, turn 1 include 2 pyres, 2 Blasphemous ritual and 1 ashigaru summoned. Turn 1 usually ends up with a Draugr with 5 focus and 3 burning.

Wong for insane card draw and lots of glowy spreaded or the Immortal Alphonse with 21 glowy. 

Other keywords require some set up, like Von Schtook, but none of the ones I pkay that require as much as those three. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ShinChan said:

With Reva, if I'm playing my standard list, turn 1 include 2 pyres, 2 Blasphemous ritual and 1 ashigaru summoned. Turn 1 usually ends up with a Draugr with 5 focus and 3 burning.

What's your sequence for the Draugr? Off the top of my head, can't get it over 3 focus (one action + two rituals).

Edit: ohhhh, toshiro?  Could you flick me the standard list? :)

• Agree 1

On 5/18/2020 at 7:39 AM, GrumpyGrandpa said:

I'd love to hear how you pull this one off 😮 Do you just hit him a bunch with small attacks, and have to Bokor spam him with heals afterwards?

A bunch of attacks, while having Sammy to draw a card for each activation. You have to activate Wong first to give fast to your own models through Alphonse. I use two lightning bugs to heal, hitting the :tome trigger, so they will give glowy to Alphonse with the healing.

• Thanks 1