Lady J Schemers?

GremlinDaycare

Depending on what you want from your scheme runner. Guild doesn't really have  a fast cheap model that escapes well to drop markers. Guard has a few options, from models like Mounted guard (potentially using ride with me on a friend to speed that up) or the sergent who is able to "kick" existing markers around

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

Like Neverborn, the general strategy of the Guild is to kill the opposition before scheming. So everyone can pull that duty - the Lone Marshall is particularly useful in this Dual role. 

If you’re going into a schemy scheme with Guild, look to the masters that do so - Lucius and Nellie. 

Doing the research. Guild is something I have not tried playing, I've built, painted, but not played. Gremlins have been my jam for YEARS. Starting to broaden my horizons. haha. I normally like to have schemers up my sleeve if there are any. 

2 hours ago, GremlinDaycare said:

Doing the research. Guild is something I have not tried playing, I've built, painted, but not played. Gremlins have been my jam for YEARS. Starting to broaden my horizons. haha. I normally like to have schemers up my sleeve if there are any. 

I know the feeling, I’ve got four Guild crews painted, three ressurs and just finished a thunder - but its the Neverborn that hits the table 9 times out of 10 😊

But its a real weakness in Guild/NVB particularly when tournament game is more likely to hit three rather than five rounds, that there are no cheap/fast minions to concentrate purely on scoring schemes before time is called. 

• Like 1

There are no cheap scheme runners in guild. Usual options are :

_ undercover reporter (8 OOK). Extremely good pick. He will also give headache to your opponent as long as you keep him buried

_ Mounted guard OOK (9 OOK). Our fastest model, but really fragile for his cost

_ Grimwell versatile (9). A little slower than mounted guard, but quite durable. An excellent flanker.

_ Lone Marshall (9). In Keyword, fast, durable, good shooter, but no way to interact if engaged by opponent

Otherwise, you can use death marsheel if scheming must be done on center line. They are too slow to get to opponent deployment zone, but they are durable for their cost and you have what's needed in keyword to make them fast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, le_wahou said:

There are no cheap scheme runners in guild.

Honestly, this is one of our biggest flaws (I guess alongside a lack of durability and overpriced models). I don't think Guild kills better than any other faction and we don't have efficient scheme runners (which leaves us as the faction that... has the most cowboy hats? Hopefully explorers don't take that from us). A cheap model that could double walk and place a marker or leap then walk and place a marker would be a huge quality of life improvement for Guild. Models that can do this are available in every other faction to some extent.

False witnesses have scheming potential but I don't know if I'd pay 6ss for one. Field reporters can move 11 inches and then get a marker down with some setup. 7ss out of keyword is a lot though.

Kind of feels like the beginning of 2e where Guild had no real scheme runners outside of the watcher (which was hard to get multiples of). 

• Like 1