GG1, FAQ & Errata: Arcanist changes

Scatterbrain

2 hours ago, korgal said:

Adran, can you tell us if the functioning of Coryphee duet changes with the new wording replace, please?

As far as I can tell, no it doesn't. Solkan spelled it out in an earlier post, but the duet does not count as an activated model until the end step, so if it splits during its activation one model continues the activation, and the other isn't counted as activated yet.

It does stop the re-activate getting extra actions (because it is an activated model, even if its allowed to activate a second time).

Basically the duet seems to work as it did before in most cases. The "abuse" appears to have been prevented, but its standard turns are still the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, Adran said:

It does stop the re-activate getting extra actions (because it is an activated model, even if its allowed to activate a second time).

Basically the duet seems to work as it did before in most cases. The "abuse" appears to have been prevented, but its standard turns are still the same.

Lol, what a sneaky change. You are right, the new one limits the Mechanical Rider reactivating the duet to only 1 activation, not 2...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

Lol, what a sneaky change. You are right, the new one limits the Mechanical Rider reactivating the duet to only 1 activation, not 2...

Aha! I knew there was going to be something even slightly different to Arcanist Coryphee Duet, too! Just Mechanical Rider instead of Vasilisa. Indeed, since Collodi is DMH, it could be argued that the change effects Arcanists even more than Neverborn, since NB already couldn't use Collodi at many tournaments.

You are brilliant, Scatterbrain! Never doubt your instincts. 🤪

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2020 at 8:31 AM, Bort said:

SS miner.  I honestly believe it got hit harder than it should have as an over reaction to how much it was used.  I believe it wasn't really so much a "good" model as an "easy" one.  It had one job, it did it without me requiring to think about it.  Now... meh.

Actually, thinking about it some more.  At 5 wounds Armor +1 for 6 points the SS miner is now below average.  Nearly all other 6ss cost models that also have armor +1 have 6 wounds.  The only other exception is the resser shieldbearer.

Across the board most models have roughly the same number of wounds as their cost.  (Obviously with exceptions, but that seems to be the standard starting point).

Mostly Armor +2 models pay by having 1 less wound, which is what the miner had.  Now the armor got reduced, but the wound wasn't "refunded".  

I still think he's fine. At least in my games, I try and keep him out of the action. Pop him out somewhere inconvenient for my opponent and just start drilling. Obviously that will take an extra turn to get it going but it's still good at what it's supposed to be doing. 

Hopefully with both the SAS and SS Miner tuned back, we'll start seeing more Mecharachnids now. They always seemed decent to me but were always out classed by those two aforementioned models. 

• Like 1

I feel like they went too far with ss miner and sas.

Ml5 on and 8 stone model with no built in trigger or + to the attack is poor. Ml5:Court: would be ok or just Ml6.

Miner, the not counting for strats and schemes is perfect, not sure why they needed to go further.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bertmac said:

I feel like they went too far with ss miner and sas.

Ml5 on and 8 stone model with no built in trigger or + to the attack is poor. Ml5:Court: would be ok or just Ml6.

Miner, the not counting for strats and schemes is perfect, not sure why they needed to go further.

I do think the Miner got hit too hard. They made it so that you arw punished for burying it, but also nerfed its survivabilty and mobility so that you kind of have to bury it? Its a bit weird to me. 

I think the SaS is almost perfect now. The only other thing I would do is autosuit its pull trigger, but not its onslaught trigger (I know they are both the same suit rn) to give it an identity in Faction.

• Agree 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Yeah the S.A.S is still a decent enough option. Stat 5 is somewhat offset by "Latch On" which effectively boosts it's attacks up to 6 (and anyone else too). It also is nimble and unimpeded which makes it faster than most other beaters of a comparable cost. Lastly it's a minion which makes it flat out better when you factor in upgrades.

• Agree 5

About SM, I really don't understand the ratio...

I mean ok nerfing the auto-scoring part. I completely don't understand why nerfing armour and movement... Now it is a model that is slow, can interact just once per turn (if you don't ask him to produce a Soulstone), it's fragile, and don't hit hard. Why ever use it? I guess it is doomed now, and I'm a player didn't used SM so much (even if I own 2 of them).

On the other hand, Ressers got a boost to Archie (it's a fake-nerf hiding a real boost that circumvent the only weak point of the model), and the crooligans are untouched (a 4ss 5dmg model that can place almost wherever on the battlefield for free without any restriction of range and los, a ml5 1" 1/3/4 dmg attack where the opponent can't cheat or a ml5 1" that can steal a Soulstone, can remove easy two scheme markers per activation drawing a card....). Really I don't understand the ratio...