Gigant’s tree truck - shattering shive trigger.

Artiee

Am I reading this right?  Push the target 2” in any direction.  If the target comes into base contact with a ice pillar, remove pillar and place target in base contact with any ice pillar. 

So Gigant shoves a model into a ice pillar.  Then he can place the model into another ice pillar 20” away?

14 minutes ago, Artiee said:

Am I reading this right?  Push the target 2” in any direction.  If the target comes into base contact with a ice pillar, remove pillar and place target in base contact with any ice pillar. 

So Gigant shoves a model into a ice pillar.  Then he can place the model into another ice pillar 20” away?

Max distance about 50”.  🥶

Otherwise, yeah.  There is no distance restriction on that “into base contact with any Ice Pillar Marker” so it’s any in play.

16 minutes ago, Artiee said:

WOW...  I found my new model vs Rasputina.

I've always been curious as to how this match up turns out.
With Euripides Vs Rasputina you don't want to start your activation within 1" of a pillar, but you also want to finish your activation within 2" of a pillar (at least for the models who have frozen vigor.
Plus both crews will create pillar and do stuff with it.
It must be utter chaos 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MajorUndead said:

I've always been curious as to how this match up turns out.

Same here XD.

Crews that use the same gimmick versus each other are kind of Chaotic.

I'd say Euripides needs Ice Pilars badly than Rasputina, she only needs 1 or 2 well placed to threat all board; but almost all Euripides models needs them to survive and not bleed out using Old Ways.

However this trigger is very dangerous for Rasputina. She is usually quite safe with them near thanks to Ice Shield, but Euripides may send a Geryon, remove all nearby pilars with "Reform from Ice" and put that 3 min damage fist in good use.

I think, oddly, that this is one of Rasputina's better matchups. Her crew cares a lot less about having mass Ice Pillars than Euripides.

Ice Golem can hoover up pillars for both healing and it's hazardous aura, Acolytes get incidental benefit if they kill models standing within 2" of a pillar (which Savages really wants to do), and the rest of the hires can be the Blessed who doesn't use pillars, or the Arcanist's many great Versatiles.

2 hours ago, CD1248 said:

Ice Golem can hoover up pillars for both healing and it's hazardous aura, Acolytes get incidental benefit if they kill models standing within 2" of a pillar (which Savages really wants to do), and the rest of the hires can be the Blessed who doesn't use pillars, or the Arcanist's many great Versatiles.

I think it's the versatiles that make this matchup Raspy tilted.  The Geryon can go toe to toe with an ice golem and eat pillars all the same.  The gigant give some surprise to raspy if she pillar's defensively, but those SS miners and spider swarms are just cancer to euri and the crew.