Deadly Pursuit

Yore Huckleberry

Mostly just a timing observation here, but if I’ve got this straight, Deadly Pursuit (Undercover Reporter, Hunter, Monster Hunter, Santiago) happens BEFORE Schemes are scored. So if you want to score Claim Jump or Outflank or Take Prisoner in a sneaky way, you can set up with one of them. Bit of play with reveal point on Breakthrough too, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Mostly just a timing observation here, but if I’ve got this straight, Deadly Pursuit (Undercover Reporter, Hunter, Monster Hunter, Santiago) happens BEFORE Schemes are scored. So if you want to score Claim Jump or Outflank or Take Prisoner in a sneaky way, you can set up with one of them. Bit of play with reveal point on Breakthrough too, I suppose.

Yup. According to the Detailed Timing Chart, "During the End Phase" is the second half of Step A. Scoring is Step B.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, Yore Huckleberry said:

Good for hold up their forces too.

26 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

If both players have deadly pursuit models and one is trying to score on the other, how do we decide who goes first?

I think players alternate resolving End Phase effects like Conditions starting with the active player, so does the guy who has more stuff to resolve get to go second if he saves it for last?

They don't alternate like that.

You follow Simultaneous Effects (without an active player), so it's going to be

• Player with Initiative resolves their effects
  • The other player resolves their effects
  • Whatever left over effects get resolved

with the note that all "Until the End Phase" effects will have already expired before the "During the End Phase" effects like Deadly Pursuit are resolved.

In other words, the player with Initiative resolves their Deadly Pursuit models before the other player's Deadly Pursuit models, whether they like that order or not.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2