Everybody Gets An Ancestor!

Jesy Blue

Are people taking Chiaka & Izamu out of keyword to pass Requiaries around in different keywords?

Obviously having more access to Ruthless & Armor would be great in any crew, but passing complete Condition removal all over the crew is situationally sensational.

6 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Obviously having more access to Ruthless & Armor would be great in any crew

When I play TT, "gosh I wish I had more Ruthless models" isn't a thought that pops into my head:P

But for real, I've used Chiaki ook a few times. She's decent (she's no Tanuki...). Condition removal, card draw, movement shenanigans. Bit expensive I feel but fun to use from time to time. Can't remember if I've used Izamu or only considered into Obey matchups, but I view him as a valid counter tech pick ook.

I've never considered the two together. I guess it'd be ok. Could be fun to give Yasunori some armour (htw+armour woo woo) and ruthless (ain't nobody got time to flip those terrify duels, wp7 or no).

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

this could work in certain matchups but it's a pretty big investment! 19ss for 2 models! ouch! as @Nikodemus as said Izamu is a good pick against Zoraida, Chiaki is nice with certain positioning schemes like claim jump and outflank because opponent will have to burn moderate/high cards to stay where he want to score. Not as counter-scheming as Kitty Dumont but it's another tool.

Also she can remove focused/shielded from an enemy and give him slow in exchange. This is pretty nice in reckoning where you want the other beaters as useless as possible!

And finally the reason to take both: the Izamu's Reliquary. Ruthless is always nice to have on your beater (Ressers have lots of terrifying) and armor +1 is good on anybody! Samurai with armor +3 and ruthless is pretty nice or in a monk crew giving armor to Shenlong!

I'm not sure this is something I would take often, but they have some advantages against certain opponent and in certain strat/schemes!

That pair could be a decent option into some crews or masters:

• With Shenlong they will be probably neat, monks have pushes to help Izamu to get where he want to be. Shenlong will be grateful for not being so reliant on chi for defense and to have another reason to not pick High River Style :P
  • Misaki with Armor and Ruthless could also be a tough nut to crack; crime bosses are also good holders.
  • Asami's models are glass cannons, so Armor would fit there also (Jorogumo or Ama probably the best ones)
  • Youko can use an extra tanky ludicrous beater like Izamu, the reliquary could be nice in a kabuki for extra defense. Bonus point the Distraction Aura will make using all Chiaki abilities very easy and if Chiaki is killed near of Youko, Manipulative and Serene Countereance together can make her untouchable versus most models.

I'm not sure about the other masters, Lynch need his synergies more than others imo, a slow random armored guy is probably redundant in Foundry and neither of them can take artifacts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

When I play TT, "gosh I wish I had more Ruthless models" isn't a thought that pops into my head

Come on, we only have 30% of the Ruthless models in the game... those are rookie numbers!

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

Poor Chiaki :( the new model stuck with 3 models I already have . She is going to cost me 30 € lol 

So the YanLo box will definitely have Totem, Izamu, 3 Gokudo and the old man himself

That's a real bummer. I thought they were just going to switch the minions. Now I need to rethink if he is worth getting...

1 hour ago, farmoar said:

That's a real bummer. I thought they were just going to switch the minions. Now I need to rethink if he is worth getting...

Chiaki is a must take for him. I guess you could proxi her for a while, but if you wan't to play Yan-Lo, you need her.