Perdita’s Frontline?

Yore Huckleberry

Perdita’s Family keyword does WORK on anything that dares come into your sights. But in scheme pools heavy on being somewhere, targeting a particular enemy, engagement or holding a position ... what do you use for her front line and schemers?

The other day I honestly ran Schemes with Perdita herself because the opponent wasn’t going to dare shoot her. But every time I dropped a marker Instead of shooting one of his markers (or, yknow, models) a piece of me died inside.

Are pistoleros decent here? Do you take a Rider and throw Santiago forward? Start Nino someplace and focus down anything that moves towards him?

Curious what has worked for people in the past.

I've been using Santiago or Francisco to do more scheme running. Trying to see if I can get multiple obeys from abuela each turn (turn 1 I would like to try and get 2 or 3 obey attempts if possible since "!A lol el!" Is a action and so can be a bonus action I know it needs an 8 but I think it helps with their general scheme running

If you want to stay in keyword I find monster hunters to be the best option for a scheme runner. between creep along and deadly pursuit they can move surprisingly fast. Especially if you send enslaved nephilim along to push them and help direct creep along. I have yet to find a good use for pistolero as they are simply too squishy to survive against most things, let alone use reckless.

For holdong a position I find that Fransisco or Papa Loco with a LLC does a solid job. 

Most of the time I just plan on scoring a single point from schemes and instead focus on scoring strat and denying my opponents schemes.

• Like 1

I still play pretty much always in theme except for the governors proxy so whoever survives will scheme because staying power is a problem. Abuela can help others get schemes out, monster hunters and Santiago can get into place for schemes on the enemy half pretty much without spending a single ap on walk but survival is a big problem, my monster hunters seem to be huge targets. Francisco can do ok against melee crews if you win initiative and put up his aura but nothing is close to tanky in the family. 

1 hour ago, Starrius said:

I'm starting to think you have a love affair about traps lol or shares in the company that makes them 

Honestly, I usually throw them out because they do things that I don't see many other things doing.  I even loved them last edition, where you couldn't control them.  

I do think I have had more success with them than most of the models this edition, so I just love them for that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Honestly, I usually throw them out because they do things that I don't see many other things doing.  I even loved them last edition, where you couldn't control them.  

They present a really good question to the opponent: would you rather waste AP dealing with this insignificant model or have it attack you, possibly stagger you, and force you to walk around it? Two of them make a great defense for Cornelius against charges, too.

If I don’t need to scheme, I could actually see taking a few ook traps into Perdita. The other option if you’re willing to flex the keyword a bit is to bring a pathfinder and cycle cards with Nino’s built in tome trigger to generate summoning for traps. But that’s an odd build and it requires some bubbling and Nino having targets.