Pride and his guitar

psychogeek

Question

9 answers to this question

If it was an accident, it's an accident that happened several months before the end of the open beta.  😕 

No idea why it doesn't have :melee, but that's not the only model to not have a melee attack.

Edit:  After scrolling through a lot of cards, it appears that Pride has the distinction of being the only model with a Rg 0" attack instead of Rg :melee0".

On 10/28/2019 at 5:38 AM, Ogid said:

It does looks like a typo... the name and the range points towards it.

Maybe. Or it could also be that it's just representative of the fact that a guitar is a pretty crappy unwieldy melee weapon, and so can't be used on a charge, can't stop other models from using projectile attacks, or keeping them engaged.

That it's rare is a point against it, but I don't have a problem with it conceptually. I think there are several melee attacks that could probably have had their :ToS-Melee: removed.

14 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Maybe. Or it could also be that it's just representative of the fact that a guitar is a pretty crappy unwieldy melee weapon, and so can't be used on a charge, can't stop other models from using projectile attacks, or keeping them engaged.

I'd take a guitar before a "Distracting Ilusion", or a Needle as my mele weapon...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, solkan said:

It's not rare.  It is specifically the only attack action in the game with Rg 0".

I clearly meant barely cooked and still bloody. :P

I agree that it's likely a typo that wasn't caught. But it could also have been intentional, as a unique attack. Doubt it, but would rather wait for an official change, than try and house rule it and be incorrect.