Quick Queegstion?

Yore Huckleberry

So, if I understand correctly, Queeg lets you gain fast instead of focus for damage ... but if you do that during your own activation via the concentrate action, it doesn’t help, because you use an action to gain one ... and then fast ends at the end of your turn.

Obviously the big synergies are with Dashel and the Guild Steward tossing around out-of-activation focus. Does the heal from Foul-Mouthed Motivation address that? Since it’s “focus and heal,” and you’re replacing the focus with fast+damage, I assume you can resolve the effects in an order of your choice?

But also, has anyone brought him into a journalist crew? They get a TON of focus, and they’re able to control what scheme markers are down when.

Also ... has anyone run Greed as the leader of the Crossroad Seven with Queeg pulled in to give everyone Fast instead of Focus? Brutal Effigy totem with the upgrade, right?

21 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

So, if I understand correctly, Queeg lets you gain fast instead of focus for damage ... but if you do that during your own activation via the concentrate action, it doesn’t help, because you use an action to gain one ... and then fast ends at the end of your turn.

Yeah, if you're using one of your counted actions to Concentrate, it's a terrible idea to use Taskmaster.

But, like @Sweet Tooth pointed out, Shouting Orders is letting Guard models Concentrate as their bonus action.   

21 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Obviously the big synergies are with Dashel and the Guild Steward tossing around out-of-activation focus. Does the heal from Foul-Mouthed Motivation address that? Since it’s “focus and heal,” and you’re replacing the focus with fast+damage, I assume you can resolve the effects in an order of your choice?

Nope.  The effects of the action are resolved in the order they are specified.  Like it specifies in the Action rules:

The model performs the Action’s effects, as stated on the card, in the order they are listed. If any of an Action’s effects cannot be resolved, they are ignored.

So you Heal, then gain Focused+1.  Or, if you're trying to take advantage of Taskmaster, it's going to be:

• Heal 1/2/3
  • Gain Focused +1, or invoke Taskmaster and
    • Suffer 1 or 2 irreducible damage
    • Gain Fast

The only way you get simultaneous effects (and thus some choice in the matter) is when timing interactions are specified.

I think that interaction was deliberately made not optimal.

--

I think someone else ended up calling it "Poor Guild's Reckless".  😕 

2 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

The family models needs some focus to get real damage out of their 2/4/5 attacks. It could be used to get a better placement on turn 1, but on next turn, I do not think I would use this that often. It is worthy to give a try anyway.

Nino might be able to set up a couple of family values ooa and then they can focus with their first ap on the activation giving you 8 inches of movement, focused and two ap left. My guess is I'll never be able to use Queeg effectively but I had to throw it out there.