Master for Strategy

Blues

Corrupted idols I like asami, and lynch

Rekoning I like either yan lo, youko, mccabe or lynch

Terf war I again like asami, yan lo  youki, McCabe 

Plant explosives pretty much any if mine

I dint use mei fang, misaki  ir shen long atm as I dint own meI or shen and only have core box if misaki.  I aim to get shen long and misaki with their 3e boxes when they arrive but atm I'm comfortable with the other masters for these strats

How do you play Lynch into idols? Usually I try to have healing or summoning into Idols. Curious to know how you play him or what you bring to help you cover the board.

I find Foundry can do most strategies. I'm unconvinced with her into reckoning but that might just be a problem with my playstyle. Especially if you bring along Minako Rei and her katashiro for even more mobility and scheming.

corrupted idols with Lynch is a gamble!

If you can control most of the idols drop and put them on the same side you have a great chance to win because Honeypot really likes to bubble! If Idols drops every where you will have a hard time because except for Huggy and Kitty, Honeypot is not the fastest crew around and you will break your bubble of hate! ;) (Tannen, Lynch, Beckoner/Gwyneth)

• Agree 2

In Lynch also Kitty and Gwyneth have their ways to move enemy models that are already activated so Huggy can obey them to move the Idol. And as Lynch you have some sort of summoning and there is always ook Sun Quiang for four 1/2/3 healings per his activation + healing aura and he also has placement enemy model within 6" on tome trigger with his  stat7 attack. Basically the whole crew have quite a lot of some ways to heal themselfs and to move opponent where they want them to be (and the lures from beckoners might speed the chances for your summoning  - with two lures the opponent will gain 2-4 brilliance). In beta forum there was the whole topic which master for which strategy, but unfortunately there is no access to it.

I will say from perpsective of my masters within their keyword with one versatile/ook model (Lynch, Youko, McCabe) looking only at the strategy without any schemes:

Corrupted Idols - things nice to have - healing, summoning, mobility (your models are fast, unimpeded, incorporeal), enemy/board control (lures, obeys, shooting, destoying markers), movement restriction (ice pillars, pianos, staggered, slow).

- Lynch has healing (but it is nice to have some additional healing), mobility, board control and quasi summoning - probably preffered.

- McCabe has freaking great mobility, nice board control and movement restriction, need tanuki or other source of healing.

- Youko - well i don't see her here, too soft to sacrifice their health to move idols and take hits from opponent and too slow even if with quite nice enemy/board control and murdering capabilities. On the other hand her minions are perfect for our defensive upgrades even if they are getting quite pricely.

Reckoning

All three crews have all aspects and ways to murder fast your enemy and survive the counterattack. Youko might struggle against heavy gunline, Lynch gonna suffer from shockwave spam.

Turf War

McCabe with Desper, Sidir, Hucksters and Samurais (because of mechanic of artifacts i treat them as in keyword rather than versatile) is clear winner, but

Lynch is not so far behind him with two great incorporeal models and the same thing that i' ve mentioned in Corrupted Idols.

Youko well... will struggle with mobility for getting 4 points from the strategy and lacking shooting might hurt her a little, even with very nice lures, but if you manage to get quick pass tokens for leverage than maybe.

Plant Explosives

McCabe and Lynch are both great, maybe Lynch is prefferd because of obey (drop the bomb!), but Youko should be also capable to drop all the bombs, defend them and or murder the opponent.

6 minutes ago, Cursed25 said:

... your bubble of hate! ;) (Tannen, Lynch, Beckoner/Gwyneth)

I love that bubble.

Beckoners don't stack with Gwyneth with brilliance giving aura, so you can move Gwyn or Beckoner to another Idol - Beckoner's A Pleasant Distraction might be very funny if idols are within her 6" aura and you spread brilliance over enemy.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, FrostHunter said:

I love that bubble.

Beckoners don't stack with Gwyneth with brilliance giving aura, so you can move Gwyn or Beckoner to another Idol - Beckoner's A Pleasant Distraction might be very funny if idols are within her 6" aura and you spread brilliance over enemy.

I've never really spread my Beckoner because I really like to give her silent protector to protect Tannen! With this it becomes way harder to kill my important pieces if enemy has a few brilliance (which should be the case if you'r spreading the drug/love! :P )

but Gwyneth is a really good tank to throw on one side and control enemy with hr at the table! She is really hard to kill and can be very annoying! :) Also her card draw is very nice to have in Honeypot! Risky but who dislike a few risk! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Asami is so good in Corrupted Idols and Plant Explosives.  Ama & Tengu have Dark Bargain, Yokai have Corrupting Essence, cheap summons like Akaname are disposable and still very useful to just get sacrificed on the Idols or picked up the bombs enemy models were carrying before they died, then flicker fade out removing the bomb from the game.

• Haha 1

for my take on the strats (I don't own McCabe, Mei and Asami and I have less experience with Monks and Qi & Gong crews than with the other keywords! I main mostly Ancestors, Honeypot and Last Blossom)

Reckoning

Yan Lo: he is a beast! His crew is hard to kill, hits hard and most of it is enforcer/minions.

Lynch: very good control crew who likes to bubble, annoy the opponent with nasty auras (positionning is very important to keep every models in LoS and range) and Huggy is awesome!

Shenlong: He is the superstar of the crew! play him and support him well and you can wreck a lot of oppositions! If you loose him without doing much your crew will surely crumble! very glass cannon but chi can protect you a lot and be a real pain to the opponent.

Plant Explosive

Misaki: super mobility and a surgical crew to play. Don't forget models using from the shadow can't take bombs! You can outplay a lot with Last Blossom! choose your fight, use your mobility to drop the bombs fast and don't throw Misaki against other super beaters alone, because she can't take a lot of hits back!

Yan Lo: very  hard to kill bomb carryers! Manos is golden here! You have a lot of mobility tricks with Yan, Soul Porter and Chiaki! Also Yin is a good and fast scheme runner!

Lynch: obeys ae really strong on plant explosive! Kitty and huggy are fast and can carry a few bombs but don't forget you want to also use their actions for other things (don't put 4 bombs on these 2 models), dawn serpent or Emisary can help wirth mobility issue

Shenlong: Wandering river monks are really good scheme runners and Shenlong is ultra mobile! Take care about heavy hitters crew because your bomb carryers are squishy!

Turf War

Misaki: I see 2 ways to play this one! 1. is to evade enemy and use mobility/stealth to survive and complete strat/schemes 2. is to make a gunline with Yamaziko, Snipers, tanukis and Samurai, kill lots of models in their territory to keep them from scoring or at least make them loose AP. Use Minako and katashiro to take turf markers (best used vs slow crew and never vs ultra fast alpha crews)

Yan Lo: I tried a few times Yan with Shenlong as a secondary master and it worked very well each time! Shenlong with Manos reliquary is a monster. I often split my force in 2 beaters wings, one with Izamu, Yan Lo, other with Shenlong, Manos and threaten multiple markers. Goal is to come hard and fast in opponent quarters and fight there while pinning opponent crew

Corrupted Idols

2 Samurai strat: Any masters can do this! I really like to take 2 Samurais with trained Ninja to put lots of pressure on both flank near centerline! they have heals and are tanky/killy enough to force opponent to respond to them and he will either go hard on one flank or split his force! This will give you the opportunity to decide where to send the rest of your force! Also always try to control where marker drops and take schemes that can be made near centerline.

Asami: Even if I don't play, one of my regular opponents plays her often and she is really good in idols! She has lots of mobility in her crew with good/fast summons and reaching tendrils is gold! She also has good beaters and flickers are equivalent of 3 free focus per models! (even more if they kill or remove some of it!)

Misaki: Minako is key here because katashiro ae golden on this strat! Also crew is fast enough to threaten large portion of the board if unlucky on marker drops. Also having arcane reservoir helps a lot to get high cards for Initiative cheat.

Yan Lo: His crew is tough enough to split in 2 wings and try to control both flank. Turn 3+ Yan Lo's treacherous path is very good for mobility and Manos/Yin are fast models! Izamu with Manos upgrade is nearly unkillable vs models that cannot bypass armor or healing and he will wreck a lot of models on his flank! He is not that fast tho so will need support to get there faster!

• Like 2