Domadores as Healers?

Yore Huckleberry

With the Domadores, how does the healing on their Decay trigger work if you directly target your own model? I know there's no blast off a friendly, but can you target yourself, relent, and declare the ram for the heal 2? I presume that there's no injured because that only applies to models that take damage.

It's obviously pricey for an 8" heal 2, but on some rounds I find that I don't have more I need to do with it than that and it's worth it as a stall tactic.

Target firendly, heal 2, no injured, correct. there is no TN, you can even attack in concelament

If you bring him only for the heal, he's an average model. This heal is 8" range, can be spammed, and do not fail. That's really good, but expensive for 8 points. I prefer to play light on healing, so I do not use him often. I like him in teams with pale rider or brutal emissary to obey 10+ points models. He can also obey ennemy models at 3" of him. It creates a bubble of 3" around him where your opponent do not want to have models. His bonus action is good, and his survivability is ok. I still believe he is our second best healer after steward. The other choice are either weak (orderly) on acting on pulse and unable to heal a lot on 1 model (rider, emissary/effigy).

Im stuck trying to make up my mind between the Domador and the Steward in my Marshal crews.

I know the Pale Rider will be in most of my lists so the easy extra action with a possible heal for a model opponents will be gunning for is very useful but at the same time a big solution to the Pale Rider is to control it with things like slow and stunned so having the Steward backing it up is also very good.

Both the Steward and the Necro-dancer feels like it would be support overkill.

8 hours ago, le_wahou said:

Target firendly, heal 2, no injured, correct. there is no TN, you can even attack in concelament

If you bring him only for the heal, he's an average model. This heal is 8" range, can be spammed, and do not fail. That's really good, but expensive for 8 points. I prefer to play light on healing, so I do not use him often. I like him in teams with pale rider or brutal emissary to obey 10+ points models. He can also obey ennemy models at 3" of him. It creates a bubble of 3" around him where your opponent do not want to have models. His bonus action is good, and his survivability is ok. I still believe he is our second best healer after steward. The other choice are either weak (orderly) on acting on pulse and unable to heal a lot on 1 model (rider, emissary/effigy).

Or wasting high cost ap or rapid actions- basse, reichart and Daschel

39 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Something to keep in mind is that when you relent, you are counted as having tied their stat, so you are always at a double negative for the flip. Not such a huge deal with the Domador having a 2/2/3 but I figured it was worth mentioning.

That and the trigger to heal doesn't care what the damage was, so you will always heal 2 as long as they didn't black joker the damage flip.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Cronex13 said:

Something to keep in mind is that when you relent, you are counted as having tied their stat, so you are always at a double negative for the flip. Not such a huge deal with the Domador having a 2/2/3 but I figured it was worth mentioning.

And I don't find many opponents relenting on an action that damages them and heals me if successful, no matter what I flip on damage.