Revel in Creation Trigger: Insight

Kharnage

Question

So the trigger reads "Shuffle any number of cards in your Discard Pile back into your Fate Deck."
there isn't any clarification on what cards go back into the deck. The implication, I believe, is that you pick which cards go, but someone in my meta is arguing it could be read as "from the top of the pile", which I feel doesn't have any basis here either. Any thoughts? 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

So the trigger reads "Shuffle any number of cards in your Discard Pile back into your Fate Deck."
there isn't any clarification on what cards go back into the deck. The implication, I believe, is that you pick which cards go, but someone in my meta is arguing it could be read as "from the top of the pile", which I feel doesn't have any basis here either. Any thoughts? 

It seems clear to me. You pick the cards you want and suffle them back, there is no instruction that force you to pick them from the top of the pile... Why does he think it's that way?

Look at Big Brain Brin’s Calculate The Possibilities.

“Choose up to X cards from the discard pile” has to be from anywhere in the pile.  The Insight trigger has to be the same, at least because:

1.  You’re allowed to inspect your own discard pile, if you do it in a timely manner.

2.  Effects where you’re only allowed to take the top card of the discard pile say so.