Dr4mis

Hi Wyrdos!! 😁

Me and my friends have played like this since M2E, but recently have been asked a question about triggers. So there it is "how can I have +2 dmg on critical strike or +2 poison on infect on minions since they don't always have the built in triggers?" 

Maybe I'm not understanding it right but there was my answer : with fate modifier (+ or - flip) you will have multiple card in the action's final duel. Wich possibly add a new suit in the duel  so it is possible to have a +2 dmg on critical strike or infect that way. 

For exemple if a flesh construct use a melee action  and for X reason he have a - flip on the attack and he's declaring a trigger (infect wich give poison +x where x is the number of crow in the action's  final duel total). Now I have 2 card in the final duel (wich are crows for the situation) so I take the lowest cause of the - flip but the other suit is still there in the "action  final duel total". So after the other model receive +2 poison cause of that. 

Or am I obligate to choose the suit of the card final duel and only that one? 

It is my interpretation of the rule so correct me if we are wrong 🤓 

23 minutes ago, Dr4mis said:

Maybe I'm not understanding it right but there was my answer : with fate modifier (+ or - flip) you will have multiple card in the action's final duel. Wich possibly add a new suit in the duel  so it is possible to have a +2 dmg on critical strike or infect that way. 

For exemple if a flesh construct use a melee action  and for X reason he have a - flip on the attack and he's declaring a trigger (infect wich give poison +x where x is the number of crow in the action's  final duel total). Now I have 2 card in the final duel (wich are crows for the situation) so I take the lowest cause of the - flip but the other suit is still there in the "action  final duel total". So after the other model receive +2 poison cause of that. 

You've got it wrong I'm afraid. You only use 1 card from a flip with multiple cards, the rest are discarded.  You then work out the duel total by adding the stat used to the card used.

Some models have suits built into the attack stat. Other models can spend stones to add suits. That's why you can get more than 1 suit in a final duel total.

Edit -for example look at the Carrion Emissary as a model with Infect, but it also has a stat of 6 :crow. If you flip an 8 :crow then your final duel total would be 14:crow:crow, allowing your infect trigger to give Poison +2

Edit 2 -As Bedjy says, the trigger wording is the same for all models with it. And there are possibilities that in the future some models canm give out suits (see for example Kirais summoning upgrade adds :crowto the final duel total of a models :ToS-Melee:, so just because a model can't reach 2 copies of a suit at the moment, it is possible another model may be able to add suits at a later date.

25 minutes ago, Adran said:

You've got it wrong I'm afraid. You only use 1 card from a flip with multiple cards, the rest are discarded.  You then work out the duel total by adding the stat used to the card used.

Some models have suits built into the attack stat. Other models can spend stones to add suits. That's why you can get more than 1 suit in a final duel total.

Edit -for example look at the Carrion Emissary as a model with Infect, but it also has a stat of 6 :crow. If you flip an 8 :crow then your final duel total would be 14:crow:crow, allowing your infect trigger to give Poison +2

Holly Wyrdos I'm feeling bad now at least now I can adjust for my future games. And maybe see less triggers since you only got one suit. 

But ty so much for correcting me!