Are grave diggers an auto pick for 'dig their graves'?

Corpse marker generation + dig their graves is the only scheme I know of where you can score points without leaving your base or going near an enemy.

Gravedigger makes the second point trivial to acquire.

This is useful because not only does it secure one of your reveal points, but it can force the enemy to come to your half of the board.  For example, turtling with reckoning + dig their graves presents your opponent with a strong incentive to cross the centreline.

What do people think? Is this a bit of an autopick when dig their graves comes up? It seems strong, but I'm also hesitant to buy grave diggers for one scheme. But given other synergies, I may go that route anyway.

You should pick them up because they have some definite power behind them for scoring. Dig their graves isn't an autopick but they are nice for it. Generating corpse is great for most resser masters.

They can also score any scheme marker scheme easily at the end of the game. They can essentially drop two scheme markers on turn 5 right next to each other by counting the dropped corpse as a scheme.

Also handing out focus to your entire crew turn 1 is extremely handy.. free corpse at deployment and then use her bonus action to hand it out to everyone. It ramps resser crews turn one.

Depending on the scheme/strat pool, Morty might be a better investment if you're looking at dig their graves. Chatty forces card discard, manipulative means he will likely survive especially with Regen 2.

• Like 2

I often do the same thing with a metal gamin in MeiFeng/sandeep crews but yes having a model who can do this without being at risk isn't a bad way to get a point. Just be aware you 6 points down in the middle of the table, but at least the grave digger can give focus turn 1

A different weird trick I like them for is putting Killer Instinct on them to make them run faster/go cheaper.

It gives them 4 extra inches of pushes per turn for a total of 6 (2 to push toward the corpse they put down, 4 at the end of the turn), and also lets them turn unneeded corpses back into Soulstones (helps pay down your now 8ss scheme runner if you don't need the corpse it's making).