M3E Pandora

Regelridderen

I have only had one game with her so far but I really like how her keyword played.  They all give out conditions that ping a damage each for misery as long as you have the right model in the right spot. I love Carver using an opponent's models focus to get a + flip on defense. They seem very reliant on good placement. I very happy with my first experience with her this edition. 

4 hours ago, Corwin said:

I have only had one game with her so far but I really like how her keyword played.  They all give out conditions that ping a damage each for misery as long as you have the right model in the right spot. I love Carver using an opponent's models focus to get a + flip on defense. They seem very reliant on good placement. I very happy with my first experience with her this edition. 

How do you feel about OOK model, or do you think, she’ll fare better within her own?

Pandy is possibly my favourite NB master atm. 

Her keyword does rely on caredul placement, and they're a really good bubble crew, forcing a lot of simple duels, handicapping crews that rely on triggers and doing some annoying ping damage as well as making enemy beaters.... beat themselves up. 

Pandy needs to be in 6 inches of the enemy to do her best work, so I generally find that her and a couple of sorrows working together can be pretty effective with life leach and misery working well. 

I also like to send Teddy and kade off together as a other pair, Teddy is really good this edition and can be a mobile killer with kade (who isn't everyones Cup of tea but I like him). 

My favourite model hands down is Candy though. The front of her card is horrible for the enemy, handing out auto stunned and getting protection from the enemy attacks as a result is great, as well as manipulative and being able to use stones giving her another defensive layer. She has to activate late in turn though so another model to use carefully. 

Carver is cool too, and with pandy giving him the suits for crit strike, if he has the suits in hand he can be one of the few beaters with min damage 4.....on stat 7.

She's really fun I find, although a lot of the above works for me as that's my preferred playstyle :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, scratchnsniff said:

I also like to send Teddy and kade off together as a other pair, Teddy is really good this edition and can be a mobile killer with kade (who isn't everyones Cup of tea but I like him). 

I immediately fell in love with the concept of ‘murderous baby and bear’, so I think these will be a stable in my crews too.

What’s your thoughts on Carver vs Teddy, when to do one or the other - or both?

Depends on the pool for me to be honest, if I need to do some killing then i tend to take Pandy, poltergeist, candy, Carver, Teddy, kade and a sorrow, and 10 stones to keep people ticking.

For anything else I tend to look at how much I want ruthless for the match up, and if Im playing say a molly crew, then I'd take Carver and an aversion instead of kade/teddy to ignore the terrifying and also use aversion to keep things away if possible. 

I tend to prefer teddy and kade though for what they bring as a pair and also because I love the aesthetic, same for the rest of the crew..... Who doesn't love a crew of creepy kids, ghosts and an overgrown Teddy bear? 

• Like 1

carver is not worth his cost tbh.
I am taking more versatile stuff but do have a central core. panodora, candy, a sorrow. then fill rest as needed.

my problem with kade is he is so easy to kill for his cost and manipulative just isnt a defense. he dropped from df7 in m2e (where nobody took him) to df5 in m3e with a defense that is no defense when focus carries over

• Like 1

I have not played enough to really take a look at OOK models yet and the in keyword choices work so well I think stepping outside shrinks your bubble. I haven't seen alot of love for Carver but love focuse being his condition to play with. One of my favorite parts of Pandy and Candy now is her 10" range on self loathing, Nekima tried to run away to prevent assassination  but couldn't *out run those two.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I do, I really like them now, wasn't such a fan in 2e, but I've found Pandora and 2 sorrows stood in the right place can be a right PITA.

My last list I took was:

Pandy

Poltergeist

Candy

Kade

Teddy

3 sorrows 

10 stones.

Stones kept me alive, candy and a sorrow went off together, kade and Teddy the same and Pandy with 2 sorrows. 3 pretty good cells I found 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, Regelridderen said:

I notice, that people never seem to take more than one Sorrow, why is that?

I think they're more durable than in 2E and I like them, I usually take 2, I rarely have enough stones to get third one.

• Like 2

I think Dreamer as a master benefits more from Pandy and the Poltergeist joining him...  The bonus action Stun on a M6 totem is pretty brutal for getting nighmares out early. Pandy gives Dreamer the freedom to do what he wants as their crew will be dealing with Pandy all up in their face first. She will facilitate summons with all her WP attacks and slow down the enemy crew.  Unfortunately you might not have the cards to make both masters actions all go off, so you'll need to rely on top decking or not getting everything you want. 

As for hiring the Dreamer, he is cheaper than 2 insidious madness out of faction and can summon 2 of them with the upgrade limitation. The problem in a Pandora crew, you dont have the card draw to support a summoner tagging along, kind of like hiring Pandy into Dreamer. Its card intensive... But still viable with that in mind. 

Dreamer being hired as a second master would be more playable in a Lucius or Zoraida crew due to ALL the card draw and the myriad of WP attacks. 

• Like 1