Basse help needed!!

ZedStrong

Hi all,

Got a game tomorrow against a Viks player. The Strats and Schemes are

Standard Deployment, Turf War, Search the Ruins, Dig their Graves, Claim Jump, Harness the Leyline and Power Ritual.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips regarding how to play against the Viks? Only played the crew once and Im slightly worried they are just gonna cut Basse into very very small pieces... :D 

Remember that Dust Clouds can be thrown up to 3" away, and add up to 3.15" of movement to any Charges coming from a predictable start point.

And that Severe Terrain also affects pushes now.

And that most of Viks movement shenanigans are pushes (ie Dragons Bite used to be a place, is now a push).

Also be aware of Big Jake and his ability to snag VP if you don't account for him.

Also, don't bother trying to take both down at the same time (unless you can do it with the one effect). Without Anti-Demise, the second Vik is gonna heal up anyways.

• Thanks 1

I do not really know the viks on M3E, but Basse is likely to have a good survivability with his def trigger. He should not be the main target of Viks and his survival will not be your problem. The LLC should not be needed on him. You should rather think about how you will keep the rest of your team alive to score , and unengaged to shoot.

On schemes, claim jump seems nice with Basse, as he will be able to remove models from the center with his caugh in quicksand action. You just have to find another model that can survive and score these points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember most of the viks have no defensive tech beyond a stat 6 defense and soul stones (and only have 9 wounds each).  The rest of their team isn't much better.  For this reason, I would spend the firs turn or 2 blasting the viks team so that by the time they get to you, they've used up some of their good cards / soul stones and are more wary about getting into engagement with your guys.

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, muraki said:

Remember most of the viks have no defensive tech beyond a stat 6 defense and soul stones (and only have 9 wounds each).  The rest of their team isn't much better.  For this reason, I would spend the firs turn or 2 blasting the viks team so that by the time they get to you, they've used up some of their good cards / soul stones and are more wary about getting into engagement with your guys.

Any decen Vik will have HtK on both IMHO.

The best thing about Basse is his ability to gain control of the board right away. Take advantage of Home on the Range and From the Shadows to position your models to target choke points choke points if there are any and get the jump on S&S. Dust markers, Slow, and staggered can be used to severely choke out their action economy. 

46 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Someone (I think gnomey) mentioned the emissary and the riot breakers crowd control ability being good for denying them free attacks.

Emmy with a coat looks like an unholy terror. 

Riotbreakers with a coat aren't as physically imposing, but once they're in position, if the Viks can't bypass Armor/Shielded, they're gonna be next to impossible to remove.

2 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Emmy with a coat looks like an unholy terror. 

Riotbreakers with a coat aren't as physically imposing, but once they're in position, if the Viks can't bypass Armor/Shielded, they're gonna be next to impossible to remove.

Riotbreakers can't have coat as they aren't living or undead.

Emissary is very nice even without coat.

• Like 1

the Viks are very fast! take care about that! If he take the servants of dark powers on one of the Viks they will both have a free 8'' move at their first activation. When one of the Vik activate she can place herself on b2b with the other if within 6'' and the upgrade gives a free 6'' move on the start phase. Add to this the 2'' move they and their crew already have and you have a pretty scary alpha strike if you are not careful.

Like others have said their big defense is to use stones and healing from multitude sources (killing mostly and Vanessa). Vanessa can be a pain with her long range heal and blast attack. I would target her first! Also try to not let her camp the centerline, she gets way better once there.

You will surely see a few Ronin for the scheme running, they are tough to crack, very fast and can suicide themselves to give more stones or cards once their job is done or they are nearly dead. Try not to waste too many actions bringing them down, because if you can't kill them she will just suicide and rob you of the kill while giving more stones to protect the Viks.

Try to take a way to separate the 2 viks! if they are close to each other they can chain activate and there's not a lot of things that can survive that. the Viks will struggle against armor but the Ronin ignore that so try to keep your armored guy away from them since they hit hard for a minion.

Finally take care about Taelor bring it action wich can mess up your plan by exposing one of your model.

Viks are hard to face because they are so fast they will surely dictate when they will charge you. Mostly turn 1 or 2. If you stay back you help them to scheme and if you stay in front you risk getting steamrolled. When I know I'm going to face them I like long range attacks and movement shenanigans to stall them and disrupt the death ball. Practically all there model hits really hard with good stats, but they are somewhat fragile except if they have lots of stones. So try to make them burn their ss pool as fast as you can!

good luck! :) 

• Like 1

Hi all, 

So I lost the game! The Viks themselves didnt do too much Rusty Alyce did the majority of the damage to my crew!

My list was 

Basse, Totem

Reichart

Pathfinder

2xTraps

2x Austringers

2x Frontiersmen

up until turn 3 things were going great! I was ahead 3-1 after picking Claim Jump and Leyline. It went south from there though, Bishop blended up my Pathfinder and started to close in on my left flank until Basse turned his Chesterfield shotgun on him and blowing him to bits, the same with one of the Viks! (the shotgun is surprisingly killy!)

Reichart was the mvp though, dealt massive damage to both Rusty Alyce and a Vic and only managed to get taken down by both of them teaming up to kill him!!

I believe the final score was 6-3 to the Viks, very good game though!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZedStrong said:

Hi all, 

So I lost the game! The Viks themselves didnt do too much Rusty Alyce did the majority of the damage to my crew!

My list was 

Basse, Totem

Reichart

Pathfinder

2xTraps

2x Austringers

2x Frontiersmen

up until turn 3 things were going great! I was ahead 3-1 after picking Claim Jump and Leyline. It went south from there though, Bishop blended up my Pathfinder and started to close in on my left flank until Basse turned his Chesterfield shotgun on him and blowing him to bits, the same with one of the Viks! (the shotgun is surprisingly killy!)

Reichart was the mvp though, dealt massive damage to both Rusty Alyce and a Vic and only managed to get taken down by both of them teaming up to kill him!!

I believe the final score was 6-3 to the Viks, very good game though!

Rusty is a terror, and I think so be an auto take in outcasts.  Sounds like you played it well,   keep it up,!