Incorporeal and climbable terrain?

Paddywhack

Question

Just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. In the Moving Section it says models that ignore terrain when moving (most often as a result of Incorporeal) never spends any additional movement to move vertically on Climbable terrain.

So an Incorporeal model (Onryo lets say) in base to base with a 3" tall Climbable building can move the top and only pay the horizontal distance moved, yes? Another model without Flight/Incorporeal would have to pay the 3" to move the Vertical distance before moving horizontally.

Just want to make sure as I'm going to play Kirai and this seems like a very big advantage on some terrain sets. 

EDIT BY MODERATOR

THIS QUESTION WAS ASKED BASED ON THE BETA RULES. THE FINAL RELEASED RULES DIFFER.

5 answers to this question

On that note, one thing I really wish the base game had come with was a general move action called run or something. Having to fully complete each individual 5” walk completely can make climbing some things really inefficient given how the rules currently work. Really wish that if you were taking two walk actions in a row you wouldn’t have to actually stop in between them.

It's perhaps worth noting that this only applies to Walk actions, not other forms of movement. I expect that's going to catch a lot of people out, coming from 2E. You can't Charge somewhere that you have to climb to reach, even if you're a ghost. (But if you have Flight, you can.)

• Agree 5