Sphere's Given Form: Tinker, Taelor... M3E - 3rd August 2019 - Dark Sphere, London

Skitt_Happens

Hello!

The Tinker, Taelor series is my  beginner friendly tournament, and wouldn't you know it: going into it's third year corresponds excellently with the release of 3rd edition. While the event is designed to accommodate those less experienced at Malifaux and/or the tournament scene, players of all calibre are welcome - so whether you have never been to a tournament and want to see what all the fuss is about or you are a UK Masters ranked player and want a relaxed event to grease the gears, please take a look!

Tournament pack is here

and here are the highlights:

Venue

Dark Sphere Shepherd's Bush Megastore

Unit 8            

W12 Shopping Centre

London

W12 8PP

Tournament Format

The tournament will follow the rules for Gaining Grounds (if there is one) except where it is contradicted in this document. Rules specified here supersede Gaining Grounds document.

This will be a sixteen player, three round, fixed leader event. Strategies and Schemes are pre-determined and are revealed below. If there is sufficient demand, we may be able to expand beyond 16 players *there was sufficient demand and we have now expanded to 24 player capacity!* Any leader that may be selected in multiple factions must also declare a faction. Dead Man’s Hand Models are considered legal as follows:

Ramos as declared Leader (considered to be Arcanist Faction) with Brass Arachnid and Electrical Creations.

Ryle as hire into Hoffman crews only.

Lilith as declared Leader (considered to be Neverborn Faction) with Cherub.

Collodi as declared Leader (considered to be Neverborn Faction) with Marionettes. However, no model in the crew may take the “Effigy of Fate” Upgrade

Nicodem as declared Leader (considered to be Resurrectionist Faction) with Vulture.

*Hiring additional Master models besides the Crew’s Leader will not be permitted in this event*

Tournament Schedule

Each game will last two hours and fifteen minutes including set-up.

10:00-10:30 Registration

10:30-12:45 Game 1: Corrupted Idols / Wedge Deployment

-           Detonate Charges

-           Hold Up Their Forces

-           Take Prisoner

-           Claim Jump

-           Vendetta

12:45-13:30 Lunch & Painting Competition

13:30-15:45 Game 2: Turf War / Flank Deployment

-           Breakthrough

-           Search The Ruins

-           Dig Their Graves

-           Outflank

-           Assassinate

15:55-18:10 Game 3: Plant Explosives / Standard Deployment

-           Harness The Ley Lines

-           Dig Their Graves

-           Power Ritual

-           Deliver A Message

-           Claim Jump

18:10-18:30 Clear-up and prizes

Entry

Tickets are available are available by sending a payment via PayPal to myself, and attendees will be listed on the Wyrd Forums. Ticket purchases made before 20th July will be subject to a £5 discount.

As I am currently organising multiple events, and to avoid any confusion please write in the notes for your payment: “TT3” if you would like your name to appear differently from how it appears on your PayPal payment, or wish to remain anonymous, please enter that here as well.

Ticket price is £15, sent to: https://www.paypal.me/TomSkitt

Cancellations will be allowed up until 19th July – thereafter a refund will only be given if the event is sold out and a member of the waiting list is able to fill the vacated space.

Attendees:

1. Luke Athiko

2. Lee Walstow

3. Tom Bell

4. Albert Cox

5. Thebatkitsune

6. Arran Jones

7. Riece Chaudhry 

8. Kevin Gillett

9. Luke Gregory

10. Grant Dickenson

11. Rob Jones

12. David Williamson

13. George Hollingdale

14. Chris Issac

15. Karl McConnell 

16. Richard Matthews

17. Luke Whitrow

18. Craig Woods

19. Sean Wheeliker

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

@Skitt_Happens I played a lot of M2e but not really got into M3e yet. Would you be happy for me to come along as not necessarily a beginner. Let me know as I do have a pass for the event from SWMBO.

100% - while it is aimed at being accessible for new players, all levels of experience are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated tournament pack linked above.

Strats and Schemes are now revealed, DMH clarified and Awards have been renamed to fit M3E card for Taelor... except for the "I Paint Better" award because I love that pun even if it is now a little defunct...

After much consideration I have reluctantly decided to rule that multiple masters will not be allowed for Tinker, Taelor, M3E: I am aware that the community has concerns over the effect multiple masters have on competitive games and until I have seen more of it in play, I don't want to risk ruining someones day with one horrendous experience. I am open to reconsidering this stance if there is enough support to allowing multiple masters.

Just over a week left to get your ticket at the reduced rate!

• Thanks 1

If anyone was planning to play Explorers Society: I haven't ordered a Best Explorer prize - You'll be competing against Guild players for best in faction. If that's upsetting to you, I'm sorry, but I'm already way over budget and had to way up the likelihood of it being a waste of money...

3 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Wow - I'm delighted with the popularity for this event and am looking to see if I can add some more space.

To those attending, if you are able to bring some terrain without putting yourself out too much it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to, but together with lumping my figures it's not really feasible on the tube! Could maybe manage some scatter though.

1 minute ago, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

I'd love to, but together with lumping my figures it's not really feasible on the tube! Could maybe manage some scatter though.

Yeah - only if you can carry stuff without too much difficulty. We should be able to manage, I'm just trying to cover myself...

Now accepting up to 24 players! Any additional terrain and/or mats you are able to easily bring will be much appreciated - I'm pretty sure we will have enough, but would rather have too much rather than not enough.

Thank you to this wonderful community for pitching in and letting this happen.

Big thanks to everyone who made it! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. 

I took a few photos throughout the day - if you'd like to see them they are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bpwt6b1ct48ziwq/AADRcPb6eNrpjoZUR-_oXQTca?dl=0

If you have lost anything, please let me know. I picked up a few bits of list property at the end of the day.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 9:06 PM, Skitt_Happens said:

Big thanks to everyone who made it! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. 

I took a few photos throughout the day - if you'd like to see them they are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bpwt6b1ct48ziwq/AADRcPb6eNrpjoZUR-_oXQTca?dl=0

If you have lost anything, please let me know. I picked up a few bits of list property at the end of the day.

Bit late, but just wanted to say thanks again to Tom for running a really good event. Bit warm in there, but hey it's summer after all.