[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

35 minutes ago, Alansonchik said:

Thrall is very good to push Sonia from melee. Throw a shockwave marker, fail the duel, and push away.

Also: take damage.

12 minutes ago, Trample said:

Mounted guard is 9 and has both Ride With Me and I've Got Your Back. Perhaps a good option. 

Or take a pathfinder that shoots better and takes her out of engagement even better ;)

3 hours ago, trikk said:

Movement is a secondary issue with Sonnia. Engagement is the bigger one. I don't think that Guardian is worth the 10 points for her.

I think the guardians big toss means your opponent is in true fear from moment one.  It also can lead to crushing wins against opponents who aren't ready for it. 

Against stronger goes, engagement is a bigger issue.  But honestly, with the hazardous aura, I don't worry about engagement as much as last edition either. Something engaged with Sonia (assuming I have decent cards) is often likely to end up a stalker or thrall.  I couldn't count on that last edition.

12 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

For LJ & Scales:

The Steward is a mastercard (don’t leave home without it).

The Effigy/Emissary combo is neat.

Domador & Judge are very useful.

Recruiter/Death Marshal/Exorcists are WIP.

scheme runners..... need to establish

Thoughts on lone Marshall?  I think he looks good. I made a list that I let a friend run with lj, scales, lone Marshall, pale rider, judge, jury, and a death marshall.    It feels to me like it should be strong.

4 hours ago, trikk said:

After some games, I have to say:

Dual Masters will be meta.

So get your Nellie/Dashels, Lucius/Dashels and Basse/Justices.

I have a feeling that the masters that want to bring another master with them simply shouldn't be played. The guild masters that appear the strongest seem to also have good hiring pools of their own, so getting an access to a better hires by bringing them with another master isn't really necessary. With the reduction of stat differences in the new edition masters have also lost power compared to cheaper alternatives, so I would have hard time justifying running Basse over 3 death marshals.

There are a few master combos I expect to perform reasonably well, but I'm not at all confident they will outperform 1 master lists in a wide range of scenarios.

5 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I have a feeling that the masters that want to bring another master with them simply shouldn't be played. The guild masters that appear the strongest seem to also have good hiring pools of their own, so getting an access to a better hires by bringing them with another master isn't really necessary. With the reduction of stat differences in the new edition masters have also lost power compared to cheaper alternatives, so I would have hard time justifying running Basse over 3 death marshals.

There are a few master combos I expect to perform reasonably well, but I'm not at all confident they will outperform 1 master lists in a wide range of scenarios.

Interestingly I'm finding masters to feel a lot more durable than minions and enforcers compared to last edition.  The reduction of damage and new use for ss means the ability to use stones to stay alive is a lot more useful.  

Ninja edit: LLC is probably a big part of this.

8 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I think paying 19SS for Dashel + Dispatcher will most likely pay itself in 2 turns if you have card draw.

6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Interestingly I'm finding masters to feel a lot more durable than minions and enforcers compared to last edition.  The reduction of damage and new use for ss means the ability to use stones to stay alive is a lot more useful.  

Ninja edit: LLC is probably a big part of this.

The fact that most of our minions and enforcers are garbage might have something to do with that as well.

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

I think paying 19SS for Dashel + Dispatcher will most likely pay itself in 2 turns if you have card draw.

Dashel can only have 2 active summons if he isn't leading the crew. He has to summon some pretty high value models to make up his cost.

1 minute ago, Myyrä said:

Dashel can only have 2 active summons if he isn't leading the crew. He has to summon some pretty high value models to make up his cost.

Sure. That's why with card draw you're going for Executioniers/Mounted Guards.

2 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

The fact that most of our minions and enforcers are garbage might have something to do with that as well.

I think we have some decent ones but I played with Stitched Together and holy guacamole. They make our 7SS minions look like hot garbage.

8 minutes ago, trikk said:

Sure. That's why with card draw you're going for Executioniers/Mounted Guards.

High cost doesn't always mean high value, but I suppose he might be worth his cost if he can pull off some good summons.

I think we have some decent ones but I played with Stitched Together and holy guacamole. They make our 7SS minions look like hot garbage.

I think the power level was intended to go down across the board, but somehow some models or even entire factions managed to get balanced according to 2e standards. That's why I wasn't a big fan of the general power level reduction in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I think the power level was intended to go down across the board, but somehow some models or even entire factions managed to get balanced according to 2e standards. That's why I wasn't a big fan of the general power level reduction in the first place.

I'm already trying to find out the broken shit. But from my perspective it looks like top M3E stuff is less above M3E normal stuff compared to M2E top stuff compared to M2E normal stuff.

I mean Sanderp and Hamelin we're just their own league. I also think solo-mastering in GG would really help a lot.

9 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Anything I have to say about that, other than agreeing, devolves into personal attacks pretty much immediately. So—I agree.

4 minutes ago, trikk said:

I'm already trying to find out the broken shit. But from my perspective it looks like top M3E stuff is less above M3E normal stuff compared to M2E top stuff compared to M2E normal stuff.

I expect the most broken stuff in this edition to be access to affordable high quality minions, because of the changes in the hiring. They are not flashy, but they are the kind of models that actually go out and win games for you while your big toys bash stuff in the middle of the board. I really cannot understand how it is okay for a couple of factions to have versatile non-insignificant 3ss minions.

7 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

...I really cannot understand how it is okay for a couple of factions to have versatile non-insignificant 3ss minions.

2ss, if you hire the correct back line...

I shelved that under ‘if access to cheap versatiles become a problem it can be fixed with future model releases for factions without’ and punted it to the back of the queue behind things which couldn’t be changed in future.