[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

3 hours ago, Myyrä said:

We're kind of used to playing on terrain heavy boards here, so the GG doesn't change that much for us. One thing I have noticed while doing that, and one that GG also states: it's important to make sure that there is enough space between terrain pieces so that models with larger bases are still able to move around. It's very easy to make it impossible for them to charge anything if you just throw scatter terrain all over randomly.

You also had some good points to share yourself.

It's a tricky thing to get on that 50% side and to leave those lanes.   

2 lists used this week :

Dashel + totem + 2 mounted guard + 2 executionner + steward + taggard against Shenlong. I lost 5-4. I killed most of his minions with executionners and dealt damage to Sensei Yu. Sensei was healed to full. On mid turn 2, Shenlong player had 1 scheme runner against 2 mounted guards on an important flank. His team did not leave his deployment. My 2 executionners were dead. His scheme runners survived long enough to get some help from emissary, denying me too many points and forcing me to send Dashel to help. On mid, shen Long was free to score everyrthing he needed.

Lucius + totem + doppel + 2 changelings + lawyer + steward + pathfinder + guardian vs Kaeris. I misplaced my team and could not mimic/obey the good models. I could not put any pressure on Kaeris, but I had enough movement to take the lead on points. Kaeris scored on the end of the game when my team was slowly dying to burns and accumulated damage. 5-5 on this game. I will need many games to be efficient with Lucius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, le_wahou said:

2 lists used this week :

Dashel + totem + 2 mounted guard + 2 executionner + steward + taggard against Shenlong. I lost 5-4. I killed most of his minions with executionners and dealt damage to Sensei Yu. Sensei was healed to full. On mid turn 2, Shenlong player had 1 scheme runner against 2 mounted guards on an important flank. His team did not leave his deployment. My 2 executionners were dead. His scheme runners survived long enough to get some help from emissary, denying me too many points and forcing me to send Dashel to help. On mid, shen Long was free to score everyrthing he needed.

Lucius + totem + doppel + 2 changelings + lawyer + steward + pathfinder + guardian vs Kaeris. I misplaced my team and could not mimic/obey the good models. I could not put any pressure on Kaeris, but I had enough movement to take the lead on points. Kaeris scored on the end of the game when my team was slowly dying to burns and accumulated damage. 5-5 on this game. I will need many games to be efficient with Lucius.

I'm pretty sure Shen can solo most crews.

List for tonight against kaeris in cursed objects and wedge.  

Perdita, LLC

Neph

Frank

Nino

Papa loco

Abuela

Monster Hunter with no prisoners

Steward

I was able to deal with most of my opponents models by turn 2 (fire golem, fire gamin, Elijah, Carlos, the totem, the scavenger).  Kaeris and 2 ss miners otoh, I didn't have a good answer to.  

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Perdita, LLC

Neph

Frank

Nino

Papa loco

Abuela

Steward

I was able to deal with most of my opponents models by turn 2 (fire golem, fire gamin, Elijah, Carlos, the totem, the scavenger).  Kaeris and 2 ss miners otoh, I didn't have a good answer to.  

I find myself ALWAYS struggling a lot with Perdita, and my list is exactly like your (beside the Monster Hunter, usually replaced with Santiago).
Would you be so kind to tell me how can you make the best out of this list?

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Perdita, LLC

Neph

Frank

Nino

Papa loco

Abuela

Steward

What no Santiago? I have to say I do like expert marksman on nino for shooting into melee,

I di like the effigy over steward for perdita, I just feel I get more from it.

Mileage may vary

10 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

I find myself ALWAYS struggling a lot with Perdita, and my list is exactly like your (beside the Monster Hunter, usually replaced with Santiago).

I played a very similar list myself last week. I just used Pale Rider instead of monster hunter. I managed to win, but felt like I was struggling way more than I should have, considering I was playing against a guy who has never won me in a game of malifaux in the 50-100 games we have played.

Everything in the Family keyword is super fragile. They have low Df, average Wd, and no defensive abilities to speak of. They are also not good at moving around fast and avoiding enemies. The only thing they are good at is attacking from range, so that's what you should be doing. You have to keep your distance and attack your enemies from where they cannot attack you. That often means you cannot advance far beyond your deployment, and if that means you lose the scenario, then you lose. If you want the ability to go trade hits in the middle or move around the flanks fast, choose a different crew.

3 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

3 hours ago, Starrius said:

What no Santiago? I have to say I do like expert marksman on nino for shooting into melee,

I di like the effigy over steward for perdita, I just feel I get more from it.

Mileage may vary

Santiago might be the better choice, the monster hunters being so fragile and all.  Especially in this game, that I was focusing on using dynamite.

My opponent was pretty new to kaeris, so I'm not sure how much is unfamiliarity to our crews.  My opponent started a brawl in the middle of my crew, and that was the wrong choice.

Edit: I prefer stewie in kaeris for condition removal for sure, but I'd have to think about it.  This crew lives and dies by it's focused attacks.

Few days ago i tried Justice list.  It was reckoning, corner; hold up their forces, search the ruins, outflank, vendetta, dig their graves.

My crew was:

Justice with llc, scales, guild steward, pale rider, emissary with llc, Jury and domador. 4 ss

My opponents crew:

McMourning, doggy totem, Sebastian, Rafkin, 2 nurses, effigy with upgrade, Anna Lovlace. 5 ss

Game was kinda hard to win, still managed. I took Vendetta Domador for Rafkin blasting my living models. Emissary is tank of the game. Jury and domador was supporting with Obey and other things. Cannot undertand how to use Scales, as they are not insignificant. Got only 1 opportunity for draw. My opponent sent Effigy to score outflank, opponent's emissary was building walls, so i wasn't able to score my outflank. All forces to battle in the middle.

3 hours ago, Jakomo said:

Few days ago i tried Justice list.  It was reckoning, corner; hold up their forces, search the ruins, outflank, vendetta, dig their graves.

My crew was:

Justice with llc, scales, guild steward, pale rider, emissary with llc, Jury and domador. 4 ss

My opponents crew:

McMourning, doggy totem, Sebastian, Rafkin, 2 nurses, effigy with upgrade, Anna Lovlace. 5 ss

Game was kinda hard to win, still managed. I took Vendetta Domador for Rafkin blasting my living models. Emissary is tank of the game. Jury and domador was supporting with Obey and other things. Cannot understand how to use Scales, as they are not insignificant. Got only 1 opportunity for draw. My opponent sent Effigy to score outflank, opponent's emissary was building walls, so i wasn't able to score my outflank. All forces to battle in the middle.

how many times did you pulse away poison?  I assumed that the pulse would be crippling to a McMourning crew.  

The Scales big thing for me is the aura it puts out.  Put it in the middle of that scrum, and if they do kill it, they get damage back often.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

how many times did you pulse away poison?  I assumed that the pulse would be crippling to a McMourning crew.  

The Scales big thing for me is the aura it puts out.  Put it in the middle of that scrum, and if they do kill it, they get damage back often.

Well, surprisingly zer0 times. Pale Rider went solo to one flank, in the middle steward was clearing it all. With extra focus. Some Obey helped a bit.

Scales was hurt with wp duel with Anna, so i had to hide him or give free reckoning kill. He is just too slow to be put in the middle of the storm. Steward was nice, as he was killed and dealt cheated 7 dmg to Anna.

5 minutes ago, Jakomo said:

Well, surprisingly zer0 times. Pale Rider went solo to one flank, in the middle steward was clearing it all. With extra focus. Some Obey helped a bit.

Scales was hurt with wp duel with Anna, so i had to hide him or give free reckoning kill. He is just too slow to be put in the middle of the storm. Steward was nice, as he was killed and dealt cheated 7 dmg to Anna.

You often want to pulse the poison off of McMourning's models though.  It doesn't get resisted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running a game of Turf war this evening. I'm taking Lady J, slightly altering a list I took for my last game, which was also turf war.

I'll be taking:

Lady J

Scales

Judge

Peacekeeper

Lone Marshall

Domadore

2 x Death Marshalls.

In my last game I took 3 DMs and a thrall rather than the Domadore and PK, because I hadn't finished painting the Domadore, and I was facing Molly so took the thrall to ognore all the terrifying.

At the moment I have four SSs left over, but I'm considering taking LLC for LJ. I'll be facing the Viks, and I haven't before but I understand they hit hard but have problems with Armour, so I'm wondering if taking that will offset their threat a little.  I'll probably decide when I get there.

Three lists from Monday.

Basse+basse

Reichart

Austringer

Pathfinder

Frontier man

5 traps

Beat kaeris then realized I was cheating. (My black joker was missing)

Second game vs Sandeep

Lj, 

Effigy with upgrade

Judge with LLC

Jury with LLC

Pale

Lone Marshall

Stewie

Won that one by a miracle flip

Game 3 vs Molly

Lj, 

Pale rider

2 dm

2 ddc

Lone Marshall

Got crushed.

Tonight I'm playing some turf war.   

I call this list the trap bunker

My plan is to, with the help of some terrain, try to make it very hard to find a place for a charge to land on my small group of elite guns. 

Those guns?  Perdita, Santiago, agent 46, and nino.  My last few models will either be a couple pistoleros or more likely the guild steward.

This will both be table dependent and opposing crew dependent, but I think I can make this work.  

• Like 3