Azura Roten resident of rotten burg

Fazza92

Question

Hi all,

I want a clarification about this ability...

Can a undead within range and los take 2 o more times this ability with only one of the Astra Roten MI?

Or an undead in range and Los can only take one attack for each of Asura’s Mi?

Or again this ability trigger once per activation so an undead can take a single Mi per activation?

12 answers to this question

Better way to think of it.

Have any of your models (other than Asura) used one of Asura’s actions during this activation.

If no, any one of your models that are allowed to take the action, and has the ability to do so during the current activation may do so.

If yes, then no one, other than Asura, may use her actions until the next activation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fazza92 said:

Hi all,

I want a clarification about this ability...

Can a undead within range and los take 2 o more times this ability with only one of the Astra Roten MI?

Or again this ability trigger once per activation so an undead can take a single Mi per activation?

You seem to be mixing some thing up.

A model uses his own AP when taking actions, except when obeyed, ... This means most models have 2 AP they can spend on whatever action is available to them. When they are using an attack from Asura Rotten via her Ability, they are still using their own AP. They can use Asura's attack as many times as they have AP. The important part to note is that they have to choose which attack they copy as Rottenburg only allows one Action (of Asura) to be copied for that activation.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

During a models activation, 1 model make copy and use one of Asuras actions. soif your rotten belle activates and lures a model into the range of 2 belles, triggering 2 pounces, then only 1 of those models may copy Asuras action and use them on the pounce attack. 

If neitehr did then for the rotten belles second action it could copy 1 of Asuras action if it wanted. 

So long as by the end of the activation there had been no more than 1 use of copying an Asura action. 

Its also not I copy action a, and I can now use action as as often as I want. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, whodares said:

You seem to be mixing some thing up.

A model uses his own AP when taking actions, except when obeyed, ... This means most models have 2 AP they can spend on whatever action is available to them. When they are using an attack from Asura Rotten via her Ability, they are still using their own AP. They can use Asura's attack as many times as they have AP. The important part to note is that they have to choose which attack they copy as Rottenburg only allows one Action (of Asura) to be copied for that activation.

Yeah but if you can use only one action copied by Asura,per activation,model’s cannot copy more than once

22 minutes ago, Fazza92 said:

No.

No.

Yes.

• Agree 1

Asura's text is the following: Friendly Undead models within 12" and LoS may take Ml Actions printed on this model's stat card, but they can only take one Action printed on this model's stat card per Activation and cannot declare Triggers.

The way we've been playing it has been that the "one Action per Activation" works as a DISTINCT. Use all your AP, but you can only copy one (DISTINCT) Action. If you have 2 AP, you can use those 2 AP to take thesame Action twice.

It can go both ways as the wording of "taking an Action" is too ambiguous to really resolve this. However I still think it works this way exactly due to the wording. Otherwise a better way to word it would be: Friendly Undead models within 12" and LoS may spend 1 AP once per Activation to take a Ml Action printed on this model's stat card and cannot declare triggers.

• Respectfully Disagree 2

21 minutes ago, whodares said:

Use all your AP, but you can only copy one (DISTINCT) Action. If you have 2 AP, you can use those 2 AP to take thesame Action twice. 

The thing is that you don't copy actions, you take them. Once you have taken an action via Residents you no longer can take it (nor any other) during the same activation.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

The thing is that you don't copy actions, you take them. Once you have taken an action via Residents you no longer can take it (nor any other) during the same activation.

Taking as a verb has many different meanings. Taking an action can also mean that action is yours. If I take your model, it's not yours anymore and I can certainly do as I please with it. We've been using that meaning of "to take something". Perhaps it is because English is not my native language, but I feel I have a pretty decent grasp on certain things that native speakers themselves might not even account for.

Don't get me wrong, I can certainly follow the reason you are using here. this is why I wrote that it can go both ways and it would be great for non-English native speakers to reword the card as it can give rise to confusion right now.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, whodares said:

Asura's text is the following: Friendly Undead models within 12" and LoS may take Ml Actions printed on this model's stat card, but they can only take one Action printed on this model's stat card per Activation and cannot declare Triggers.

The way we've been playing it has been that the "one Action per Activation" works as a DISTINCT. Use all your AP, but you can only copy one (DISTINCT) Action. If you have 2 AP, you can use those 2 AP to take thesame Action twice.

It can go both ways as the wording of "taking an Action" is too ambiguous to really resolve this. However I still think it works this way exactly due to the wording. Otherwise a better way to word it would be: Friendly Undead models within 12" and LoS may spend 1 AP once per Activation to take a Ml Action printed on this model's stat card and cannot declare triggers.

But a better way to word it if it works the way you play it would be to base it on the dopplegangers wording which does copy the action, and so allow you to take it as many times as you have ap. 

Each time you do 1 action you are taking an action Page 34 rule book

Taking in the context of this game is the same as performing it. A model that actually gains the action is the doppleganger (Adran beat me to it). Read page 36 of the big rulebook or find the entry called ACTIVATIONS - subheading TAKE ACTIONS. The process of declaring an action and spending ap and resolving the effects once is what taking it means.

From the FAQ on Asura: 
15) Can multiple models use Asura Roten’s Residents of Rottenburg Ability to take one of Asura’s Ml Actions outside of their Activation? For example, could multiple Rotten Belles take the “Undead Minions” Action as their attack from their Pounce Ability? No, it is once per Activation.

That should clear it all up I hope. They can only take one and the rulebook defines taking as a single time you spend ap to do an action.

• Agree 1

Yeah the FAQ end the question.

Beacause if you can do more than a time the same attack,2 rotten belle can make 2 pounce with 2 different Asura’s Mi.But faq tell us that is ONCE PER ACTIVATION the important thing of the ability,so only one rotten belle that pounce with Asura’s Mi,and is the same thing with an undead model that want to attack in his activation,only once per activation.