MalifauxDave

been collecting models for about 2 years now and want to start playing the game, i think the nothing beast looks excellent and I hear the void list is pretty ok. I've got all the Outcast models built up i was just wondering if there was a second gaping hole in tara's list (the first one obviously being in tara's chest) and if I need to get a second list up to speed just incase a faction/master i cant handle comes around.  

I main run her a lot and the void spam list doesn't care if you are attacking buried models with her anymore. The 1SS drop to Scramble  has solved a lot of the mobility issues. Keep the Beast close to Tara so she can dead of Winter away the dmg and keep the beast fast.

Also don't forget that in 6 in of Tara fast enemy models are -2wp.  and that the Nothing Beast attacks WP. 

The best thing is to concentrate on the big Casters and have the NB take them out first. 

Use the Malifaux child to heal when needed. 

Also don't worry about cards in your hand as this helps out your crew. 

10 minutes ago, MalifauxDave said:

is there another outcast that happens to be strong against casters? like viks or something i like their models too

Generally, since Casters attack Willpower, models that have a high stat in that are good.  The Freikorps under Von Schill all have really nice Willpower, though on the whole VS is rather outclassed by other masters

I second the VS comment, but he is better with Wave 5 upgrades than before. There are also quite a few models to help against casters. 

Sue (aura with neg flips on casting attacks)

Hannah/Librarian (stip suits if you are close, Hannah has counterspell)

I'm sure there are a few others my sleep deprived brain isn't recalling at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, MalifauxDave said:

3 inch aura seems incredibly small

Enough to cover a few important models. If opponent is spending precious AP running after a Void Wretch running on the flank that's a win for you already. Biggest problem with Sue's aura is it's until end of turn, so you need to activate Sue before a nasty enemy caster activates.