Rail Golem?

yanlosbeard

The Rail Golem doesn't like Marcus due to his alternative use for low tomes. Ramos and Colette can also want tomes, but are less dependent on them. Kaeris probably doesn't want to stand too close to him if she has Wings of Fire. 

Otherwise he is fairly Master independent. Whilst he hasn't got the nimble and Flurry of Howard, Locomotion does allow him to take extra actions each turn that are walk or Ml, so he is surprisingly close to Howard in what he can do. 

Some people try using him with models that bump his burning, but I almost always find that its the Tomes that I run out of not the Burning. (But I do what I can to make sure his locomotive actions are attacks, so I keep getting more burning back). 

It's really good with the new Mei Feng, as the Rail Lines upgrade gives it Wk 5 so it gets a big threat range boost with Locomotion.  I only ever really use it with Mei Feng or Kaeris, though as Adran mentioned you have to be careful not to put out its Burning by having it start too close to Kaeris if you're bringing Grab & Drop.

Should be cool with Ironsides too.

HPM seems tons of beating with it.

And You lookin' at me increases its mobility.

I usually play a fire subtheme with Toni (union miner, gunsmith and/or message from the union), so setting it afire should be easy.

And Post-errata-Toni doesn't need tomes anymore.

Railgolem really really screams IRONSIDES to me. Unfortunately I don't like its sculpt.

I used him several times with Marcus when I was running a more support Marcus *thus was less interested in using Tomes on him* though I had to be careful doing it to make sure he had the burning to properly exploit the second activation.  Really the thing that helped him most in those games was that I had a pair of Canine Remains so I was able to knock a targets Defense down by 1 so he was more accurate.

The new Kaeris upgrade that can give people minuses to their final duel might be interesting with him as it improves his Ml5 chances to hit, and it is limited so no worries about also having Wings of Fire.

1 hour ago, bertmac said:

Mei Feng is already card dependant herself.

Mei is card dependent if you're using her as a beater, for which she's not bad, but she better as a support master from what I've seen, especially with the new rail lines upgrade. Giving the Rail Golem +1 walk and the teleporting it up the field, then protecting it from shooting and casting until it decides it wants to do its thing... It could be pretty good. Envy or Lazarus+ Kang into ressers or if you expect constructs can be mean as well.