Henchmen Hardcore List

Impact UK

I like to have Francisco to bodyguard my leader with el mayor and hit stuff. Judge is probably the tankiest hench we have so he is a good leader. That combination has a pretty decent damage output if you companion them.

• Like 2

I was thinking of trying out Dade, Dashel and 2 riflemen. Dade utlising everyone being guardsmen for her 'one more question' also Dashel being a fairly solid all rounder and of course giving the riflemen the free focus' and :+fate flips the riflemen have good damage output (min 3 provided Dashel activates first). Also Dade can use investigation to cause further damage when the enemy attacks.

I would like to use Franc with Dade for El Mayor making her harder to hit but I haven't thought what I would run with them yet.

Rust, are you using the models without upgrades there to fit them in? Franc/Exec or Phiona and a hound are 20ss on the dot.

• Like 2

I usually take

Ryle

Francisco

Death Marshall

Brutal Effigy

with 2SS to play around with upgrades.

Ryle I find is pretty hard to deal with (especially with El Mayor) and death marshalls can really win you games in Henchmen hardcore.

Another I would like to try

Judge

Recruiter

2x death marshalls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleezy said:

I was thinking of trying out Dade, Dashel and 2 riflemen. Dade utlising everyone being guardsmen for her 'one more question' also Dashel being a fairly solid all rounder and of course giving the riflemen the free focus' and :+fate flips the riflemen have good damage output (min 3 provided Dashel activates first). Also Dade can use investigation to cause further damage when the enemy attacks.

I would like to use Franc with Dade for El Mayor making her harder to hit but I haven't thought what I would run with them yet.

Rust, are you using the models without upgrades there to fit them in? Franc/Exec or Phiona and a hound are 20ss on the dot.

Yeah, no upgrades. They have some great upgrades but I like having three decent beaters more. The judge with el mayor on him is hard to take down. 

I should (hopefully) be getting in a day of HH games next week. So I am going to try a few little crew ideas then.

Probably try Judge, Franc, Gage, Brutal (no upgrades, 20 on the dot - or switch brutal with a hound and take wade in on Franc) also going to try Dade, Dashel, 2x rifles.

That being said I am tempted to try Sidir and see if I can work him into anything ^_^

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 0:37 PM, Ludvig said:

@Cleezy I've tried Dashel and Riflemen + Queeg. It was a trainwreck, died straight away.

How come? Just not taking stuff down quick enough?

I see Dade and Dashel being reasonably survivable. The rifles I wholly expect to at best get two turns of shooting out but they are expendable.

Your experiences and thoughts here are most welcome though as mine is all theory so far.

If the Riflemen are going down so quickly, and they will, they aren't helping to score Turf War points.

Honestly, while I love the thematics of this, I'd rather take a 7 point Guardsman, let Dashel boost it, and grab a Brutal Effigy or Wastrel or something and an extra upgrade.

@Cleezy

We did a fixed list HH tournament at my club and I thought I'd try it.

One game was Sensei Yu pushing up the Lone Swordsman if I remember correctly. He killed one and used the other as his intended target for reactivate so they were both dead turn 1 after one of them got to shoot.

Another match was the dreaded Candy, Nekima + something & primordial magic list. Nekima got in my face and tied them up while candy got tied down the big guys so the first thing to activate was paralyzed.

18 hours ago, wizdom said:

If the Riflemen are going down so quickly, and they will, they aren't helping to score Turf War points.

Honestly, while I love the thematics of this, I'd rather take a 7 point Guardsman, let Dashel boost it, and grab a Brutal Effigy or Wastrel or something and an extra upgrade.

Like I said this is complete theory so far and until I get a few games with it I wont know how viable it is. I should hopefully get some games in with it over the next week or so then I can report some feedback :)

16 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@Cleezy

We did a fixed list HH tournament at my club and I thought I'd try it.

One game was Sensei Yu pushing up the Lone Swordsman if I remember correctly. He killed one and used the other as his intended target for reactivate so they were both dead turn 1 after one of them got to shoot.

Another match was the dreaded Candy, Nekima + something & primordial magic list. Nekima got in my face and tied them up while candy got tied down the big guys so the first thing to activate was paralyzed.

Yea I keep hearing about the horrible Candy combo's. That Sensei gusting the lone sword was a neat little trick.

Out of curiousity what was the thinking behind taking Queeg?

3 minutes ago, Cleezy said:

Yea I keep hearing about the horrible Candy combo's. That Sensei gusting the lone sword was a neat little trick.

Out of curiousity what was the thinking behind taking Queeg?

Giving the rifles more focus and being able to engage things at 3" so the rifles could shoot while being safe to charges. He can also push people away if they engage the rifles. 

I recently played a goofy trick list. It worked pretty well. It was The Judge as leader, Death Marshal Recruiter, Death Marshal, and Sanctioned Spellcaster.

The DMR keeps your judge and Death Marshal alive by pitching cards as long as you position well. The Sanctioned Spellcaster stands behind your lines and uses Singularity to prevent push pull shenanigans.  A lot of players in my meta prefer to keep you out of the scoring zone, noting that missing a single point usually results in you losing the game. The Death Marshall boxes their 10+ soul stone model and runs away!

It worked well, I messed up a play during the first round that would have gotten me a tie.The other games were really funny and frustrating for the opponent as they'd never seen "Not Today Lads". If you're saucy, you can even make the Sanctioned Spellcaster a death marshal for the turn. 

• Like 2

I always played my henchman as ryle w/ numb to the world, judge with debt to the guild, a warden, and a dog.  Judge goes first to drag ryle into place, ryle goes trying to shoot something.  Warden shoots w.e else is in the middle looking to kill/ paralyze and the dog charges w.e just needs a few points of damage to die.  Also, tomes are huge in this list because grind to a halt shuts down damage.  Armor spam works at this level because they don't have enough models to ignore it.