Neverborn totems... Somthing I don't like...

Da Git

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I take it you don't face the Viktorias often.

very often, indeed in 2016 they were my most common opponent.  Generally though, people here take the Malifaux Child with them - the child can cast sisters in fury spell, giving +2 damage, on behalf of the viks - thereby freeing up the master/hench ap for killing/movement while still getting the nasty buff.

18 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

Secondly, I think this is an issue with most factions.  Looking at Gremlins, I bring Old Cranky with most of my masters.  Som'er, Ophelia (whom I don't play), and Zipp are the only real exceptions (Zoraida having already been mentioned here).  There are some hard "Cranky" masters.  Those (for me) being Wong, Ulix, and Mah Tucket.  I will admit that the Little Lass hasn't gotten a lot of testing out, but when I see a master that does a good amount of killing, I'd rather Old Cranky be nearby to give me soulstones back.

Old Cranky is just stupid broken (even more so than Pukey, I think, which is part of the reason I play without Cranky - I dislike such crutches) but I think that NB and Gremlins are the only factions with such a silly powerful generic totem and in any case I wouldn't say that this is an issue with most factions.

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Old Cranky is just stupid broken (even more so than Pukey, I think, which is part of the reason I play without Cranky - I dislike such crutches) but I think that NB and Gremlins are the only factions with such a silly powerful generic totem and in any case I wouldn't say that this is an issue with most factions.

I only have experience with the two, so I guess I just lucked out choosing the factions with the good generic totem.

I've even heard occasional people taking PM with Dreamer now.  

The problem is that I really like having PM as an option.  I just wish Cherub, Poltergeist and Gorar had more utility, such that each was a valid option for their masters.  As it stands, I generally either take the master totem (Lynch, Collodi, Zoraida, Dreamer) or I take PM.  I never play Collodi and think "Huh, should I take PM in this crew?"  I wish that every master had paths for both their personal totem and PM.  

• Like 2

Admittedly cards went his way, but I once saw a Cherub dealing 7 wounds total to two models, while also push-slowing them for a quasi-paralysis, while providing (0) interact for Accusation VP. I'd buy that for 3ss. Anecdotal as anything but it left me with respect for the model.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

I've even heard occasional people taking PM with Dreamer now.  

The problem is that I really like having PM as an option.  I just wish Cherub, Poltergeist and Gorar had more utility, such that each was a valid option for their masters.  As it stands, I generally either take the master totem (Lynch, Collodi, Zoraida, Dreamer) or I take PM.  I never play Collodi and think "Huh, should I take PM in this crew?"  I wish that every master had paths for both their personal totem and PM.  

Cherub gained a lot in non rule book schemes, and Primordial magic lost a lot in non rulebook schemes. So Cherub is a very valid option in a Lilith list, especially if doing an interact heavy mission. .  the Poltergeist is a fairly solid 5 ss Minion that is worth looking at. It struggled because it couldn't be taken in the same list as the PMagic. 

Huggy costing 0 means that Lynch will never look to another totem for competitive reasons. The other 3 can all summon their totem, so if you are going to take a different totem you are losing some of that versatility. There are still times you might want to do that, just like you might not always want to hire their totem. 

On 5/3/2017 at 4:48 PM, Torsul said:

PM over Daydreams is just ... questionable even with their cuddle they got a very welcome wb debuff bubble and basically free pushs besides. 

Btw what is the cherub lacking? He got Sh5 attack with auto slow and possible push, enables zero action interact and can generate a protective hazardous terrain bubble ... he is one of the most flexible torems i cab imagine 

From what I recall, the idea was to start with PM, turn him in to a scheme end of turn 2, and start summoning Daydreams after that.

• Like 1