Lucius and loco

izikial

The only things I can think of is using the upgrade that gives lucius and the rest of the guardsmen accomplice, and then using lucius to t-port papa forwards, then making papa walk (which will cost an 8) and then accomplicing into papa to make him explode.  You could do something with the emissary too, but I'd be worried about papa dying and damaging my emissary.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

The only things I can think of is using the upgrade that gives lucius and the rest of the guardsmen accomplice, and then using lucius to t-port papa forwards, then making papa walk (which will cost an 8) and then accomplicing into papa to make him explode.  You could do something with the emissary too, but I'd be worried about papa dying and damaging my emissary.

Pretty sure Loco already has companion so it's a wasted upgrade. The emissary does have the stats to pass the Loco duels without too much cheating.

I guess you an squeze out an extra walk before companioning into him but if you juat traded places with him you need to be careful to be within range for companion. I guess Lucius can do some sillyness with the emissary burying out of activation and possibly putting scheme markers in juicy locations through the sniper upgrade. I don't think he revolutionizes the use of Loco though.

I think a pretty standard Perdita crew does as much if not more for Loco. Perdy can obey the emissary to bury before it goes, the nephilim then pushes the emissary twice towards some model that ran up. Or you do the double pushes directly on Loco to somewhere safe and obey the last walk with Perdita before companioning into him (she is also likely df 9 so rarely needs to cheat the df duels). Abuela can also give ap.

5 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Perhaps the key is that the combination is uniquely nasty. Santiago carries Debt which helps.

So, min 3?

What`s the big deal - use 3 stones with Lucius to get Santiago to 3 wounds and fire away?

Not neccessarily impressive, and for sure not consistent.

Or something completely different? ^^

That's the idea, obviously timing is important, but I've never failed to do something impressive with it. Like nearly killing Nicodem from full wounds and emptying his cache in a single activation impressive. All it takes is a couple moderate masks in hand and your golden against anything with less than stellar stats or armor two.

1 minute ago, admiralvorkraft said:

That's the idea, obviously timing is important, but I've never failed to do something impressive with it.

Hmm, but that seems very incosistent, as I mentioned earlier - you would like to get all the masks in the world and an opponent without cover to do anything.

All that at the right time, in the right place, going with Lucius first and with Santiago immediatly afterwards, preferably with the 6" companion...

Seems cool, but maybe not overly "competetive"? :)

The right place and time are entirely under your control though - just don't pull the combo if it isn't worth it in the moment. Lackeys gives you an effective ~10" place (your final Lucius action will be to walk into Companion range and have Santiago take a free shot, declaring triggers) so you can get line of sight and deny cover if you plan ahead and your placement is good.

But of course if you don't like it, don't use it. I've won enough tournament games with it that I don't feel the need to spend a lot of breath defending it. Just thought I'd share seeing as Santana is a gorgeous model that deserves more play time, and seeing as everyone is pressured to buy the Latigo box for a couple of crutch models anyway they may as well get some use out of the finesse pieces.

• Like 1

Honestly not as much as I expected, which is why I was surprised you were unimpressed by the potential :P

I didn't think it would work when I first tried to pull it, but Sh 8 is insane. I once killed Raspy from full and then dusted a nearby Gamin with my second AP. And Guild has some nice-ish healing now so it's not necessarily a one-shot trick.