Guild - Models for the Strategy

Hagisman

One of the guys in my group recently posed an interesting question. Just based on strategy what models do you immediately put at higher or lower priority to take?

My personal list, non-exhaustive, but I think still relevant:

• Turf War/Extraction:ram
    • Pro
      • Francisco
      • Executioner
      • Judge
      • Brutal Emissary
      • Death Marshals
    • Con
      • Guild Hounds
  • Reconnoiter/Interference:mask
    • Pro
      • Guild Hounds
      • Guild Pathfinder
      • Nino
      • Austringer
      • Brutal Emissary
      • Wardens
      • Death Marshals
    • Con
      • Guardian
  • Reckoning:crow
    • Pro
      • Executioner
      • Judge
      • Peacekeeper
      • Brutal Emissary
    • Con
      • Death Marshals
  • Guard the Stash:crow
    • Pro
      • Guardian
      • Executioner
      • Peacekeeper
      • Brutal Emissary
    • Con
      • Nino
  • Squatter's Rights:tome
    • Pro
      • Nino
      • Austringer
    • Con
      • Watcher
  • Head Hunter:tome
    • Pro
      • Austringers
      • Nino
      • Hunters
    • Con
      • Watcher
      • Guild Guard
  • Stake a Claim
    • Pro
      • Watchers
      • Francisco
      • Judge
      • Field Reporters
      • Dr. Grimwell
      • Nino
      • Brutal Emissary
    • Con
      • Executioner
      • Peacekeeper
  • Collect the Bounty
    • Pro
      • Judge
      • Francisco
      • Nino
      • Wardens
    • Con
      • Executioner(Dies too easily)
      • Guild Guard
      • Watcher

What do you guys usually think?

• Like 2

Watcher is at the top of my Pro list for Headhunter, not Con at all. The points only come on the interact, not the kill, and nothing zooms in to interact like a watcher, especially a modified one.

Guardian's push is a trigger and so can go undeclared if that is why you don't like it for recon. 3" engagement range has a place in interference sometimes, invalidating enemy models if they are clustered.

• Like 1

For me, the Nino decision mostly comes down to the terrain - is there a perch with clear firing lanes for him? If not, an Austringer is usually better. In a family crew, he is also favored by a strat-scheme combo that forces interacts to happen in a given space (e.g. exhaust in Extraction). 

In terms of models specifically for strats: definitely agree with the Judge in anything that involves holding points. He is very AP-inefficient to kill, and his push can either get your models into position, or theirs out. And interference always has me reaching for the hunters. Being able to end turn on the centerline and then choose which quadrant to score in is very powerful. Guard the stash makes me more likely to take a pathfinder, as he has a nice piece of blocking cover to hide behind, while scoring and laying traps to annoy my opponent's advance.

Peacekeeper for collect the bounty - tough to kill, hits like a truck and just an enforcer for enemy points. I'd say Francisco and Nino are both iffy in that strat since they give points away easily.

Ryle is good in almost any strat: Hits hard, can heal himself or others, can push himself to pick up markers or change important engagements in headhunter and interference.

Hounds in stake a claim. Preferably with Luna & McCabe but worth it without them too.

Performers in headhunter and squatters since they can interact while engaged. Also good for paralyzing thr big beaters you are likely to see in headhunter.

I know it's tough to fit in here but schemes decide a lot of my choices too. Hounds are a lot less appealing with hunting party in the pool while Nino and some others get a boost. Public demonstration makes hunters look a lot more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...