Guild is back on top-Nova 2016

4thstringer

Yasunori with nimble and fast so in activation movement is (if recall training dropped) 3" push, 6" nimble, 6" fast walk (if needed), 10" charge, 2" melee.  With flight and HT3 it is pretty hard to hide from.  I would push it 4" possible 8" off McCabe depending on Sonnia's position, cover and terrain she would have to move through.  Yasunori can take a hit or two off Sonnia especially as I can terracotta away the first hit.

Before I continue I`ll say that I don`t think Sonnia is unkillable.

But if she`s activates pre-your activation she can 

Buff Df to 8, then Flame Wall so you don`t get LoS to her. She can have Badge of Office. You have a big chance of flipping the BJ with those hits (3 cards per attack) and with stones she might live through and if you die you probably lost the game.

Not saying it won`t work. Not saying its bad. Just saying that you can probably pull it off once like most alpha strikes. I`m saying it won`t be that easy with people who can protect Sonnia.

Before I continue I`ll say that I don`t think Sonnia is unkillable.

But if she`s activates pre-your activation she can 

Buff Df to 8, then Flame Wall so you don`t get LoS to her. She can have Badge of Office. You have a big chance of flipping the BJ with those hits (3 cards per attack) and with stones she might live

through and if you die you probably lost a very potent beater.

Not saying it won`t work. Not saying its bad. Just saying that you can probably pull it off once. Second time the Sonnia player can protect herself if need be.

You can theoryfaux this to death

but if Sonia has already activated and is on Def8 you don't go through with alpha strike use the massive mobility to go slaughter 1 possibly 2 (if within 6" of each other) of the crew or kill Frank who will be in striking distance.  Yes next turn Sonia will probably kill the beater if you kill Frank but McCabe has the ability to be on her and he has promises, and recall training too.   It's a McCabe crew flexibility isn't something he struggles with.  Whilst all this was going on a reactivated dog with a sabre in his teeth will have been off spoiling somebody else's day :lol:

EDIT : slight theoryfaux error there, the dog can't have the sword and the beater have an 8" push but still...

You can theoryfaux this to death

but if Sonia has already activated and is on Def8 you don't go through with alpha strike use the massive mobility to go slaughter 1 possibly 2 (if within 6" of each other) of the crew or kill Frank who will be in striking distance.  Yes next turn Sonia will probably kill the beater if you kill Frank but McCabe has the ability to be on her and he has promises, and recall training too.   It's a McCabe crew flexibility isn't something he struggles with.  Whilst all this was going on a reactivated dog with a sabre in his teeth will have been off spoiling somebody else's day :lol:

I agree. And like I mentioned, its not that easy to pull off but its certainly doable and can definitely impact the game :)

Sounds like you need to have a "Godlyness-off". Invite him to tour europe with all expenses paid and let him play his winning Sonnia list against all challengers. :D 

It's not like I'm assuming Godlyness is playing the list. I can play Sonnia just fine on my own thank you.

Have an international Sonnia-off then? I'm just trying to help here :) 

well the UK Nationals and ETC are pretty international would be interesting to see how the Sonnia papabox fairs in that type of competitive environment.  There are even a couple of pretty fine Sonia players around (though one is slacking off and playing Outcasts at the moment),  coming to either of those ?

well the UK Nationals and ETC are pretty international would be interesting to see how the Sonnia papabox fairs in that type of competitive environment.  There are even a couple of pretty fine Sonia players around (though one is slacking off and playing Outcasts at the moment),  coming to either of those ?

It looks like I'll be at whatever it is that's going down in may with lots of international teams. I am far from a competent player though, I can't even make top three in our local 8-16 man tournaments so I take no responsibility for Sonnia's reputation. 

• Like 3

Oh, I just checked my e-mail and noticed that @Ludvig is apparently on our team. That probably means that I won't be defending the honor of Guild either.

Didn't want to be the one to tell you but yeah, I was invited :D It's going to be great to finally meet you. We won't be facing off against each other there but we might get a chance some other time. 

If you want dibs on representing guild I can paint up my neverborn before then.

Didn't want to be the one to tell you but yeah, I was invited :D It's going to be great to finally meet you. We won't be facing off against each other there but we might get a chance some other time. 

If you want dibs on representing guild I can paint up my neverborn before then.

I can play literally any faction. I even have something painted for all of them except Gremlins, and @Math Mathonwy will be taking those anyways.

You all should be representing the glory of the Guild!  Someone has to keep all the fey and unionist scum in check.

BTW this was the winning list (shamelessly copy and pasted from the FB discussion)

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 4 Pool
- Cherufe's Imprint (1)
- Counterspell Aura (1)
- Expert Sleuth (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
- Wade In (1)
- Hermanos de Armas (1)
Papa Loco (7)
Death Marshal (6)
Guild Austringer (6)