Ramos Question

KuVenet

So without trying to sound like an idiot. One of Ramos abilities is throwing me off, because I don't understand how it works I haven't used it yet in a game, for fear of royally messing it up. So could someone please explain to me how it works?

(1) Summon the Swarm???

The way the text reads to me is that I am some how supposed to get a minimum of 3 TOME for each Steam Arachnid you summon. Now if I am reading this right, I have to get a 19 with 3 Tome to summon all three of them on a single flip? I know I am probably thinking or looking at it the wrong way, and feeling kind of dumb. Could someone please explain how exactly this is supposed to work? 

Thank you for your help.

So, without the card in front of me, I believe that the stat is something like Ca 8 (Tome) - so that if you want to summon you need to use the following:

1 Spider - Any 5 or higher

2 Spiders - An 8 or higher of Tomes (or any 8 or higher if you use a soulstone for the second tome)

3 Spiders - an 11 of Tomes AND use a soulstone to add the third tome

Hope that makes it clearer!

• Like 1

Solidhavok's memory was exactly correct.

As a side note, you'll want to have that tome in hand already for 2 spiders without the soulstone or for 3 spiders at all.  Hoping for the flip is a long shot (around 1/4 and 1/13) and there's probably something better to do with your AP if those are your odds of success.

The number of Spiders chosen to be summoned will set the TN of the duel, 

So if you want to summon 1 spider it will be a TN of 13:tome ( 10 +3:tome) which with a Ca of 8:tome is a 5 

2 spiders has a TN of (10 +3:tome +3:tome)= 16:tome:tome (so needs 8:tome)

3 spiders has a TN of (10 +3:tome+3:tome+3:tome) = 19:tome:tome:tome (so needs 11:tome:tome which can be reached by spending a stone for a :tome and using an 11:tome)

4 Spiders has a TN of 22:tome:tome:tome:tome but whilst we can reach the value of 22, we can't currently add the 4th tome. (In the old days of First edition, the mobile tool kit added a tome to the flip, so it may be possible in the future) (AND as has been pointed out is higher than the allowed 1-3 spiders the action specifies :))

41 minutes ago, Adran said:

4 Spiders has a TN of 22:tome:tome:tome:tome but whilst we can reach the value of 22, we can't currently add the 4th tome. (In the old days of First edition, the mobile tool kit added a tome to the flip, so it may be possible in the future)

Summon the Swarm states that you have to chose one, two or three Steam Arachnids, so regardless of alternate ways to get tomes you couldn't summon four.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TreeNinja said:

Don't forget that the spiders take damage from the summoning as well so pulling out 4 spiders wouldn't be a good idea.

Actually if some how you did get the ability to summon 4 spiders they would survive as the damage from Summon the Swarm may be reduced so they would each take 3 after armor and be alive at 1 wound.

On 8/23/2016 at 0:25 AM, Krosanreaper said:

Actually if some how you did get the ability to summon 4 spiders they would survive as the damage from Summon the Swarm may be reduced so they would each take 3 after armor and be alive at 1 wound.

Thanks, I totally didn't catch that.