Sparks

Math Mathonwy

So what plans do you have for our mechanic?

Wong with Sparks and a Glowy Lazarus seems like a pretty potent combo. Sparks can give Laz Fast, can turn your other models into Costructs for Laz to Assimilate whatever, and he can Pack enemies with explosives to make an even bigger boom. Plus he has Accomplice to you can chain activate the pair.

You could also add Trixie to Push Laz around and to win Ini for you.

Anything else?

• Like 2

Without knowing the details of how Sparks works, I'm also liking the idea of a 4AP Pigapult. 

Does Sparks' explosive ability confer blasts to friendlies? Cause that'd be freaking awesome for the 'Pult. No more penalties for using Stuffed Piglets - use regular ones and still get blasts?!

4 minutes ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Without knowing the details of how Sparks works, I'm also liking the idea of a 4AP Pigapult. 

Does Sparks' explosive ability confer blasts to friendlies? Cause that'd be freaking awesome for the 'Pult. No more penalties for using Stuffed Piglets - use regular ones and still get blasts?!

It gives the target a Condition that adds a blast to any moderate and severe damage it suffers.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about what to use Sparks's actions for, but I gotta say every time I've played against him, Hostile Work Environment is really nasty. I just wanna take him against other Gremlins, or people like Mei Feng and Kaeris who love to set their mates on fire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dogmantra said:

I'm not sure about what to use Sparks's actions for, but I gotta say every time I've played against him, Hostile Work Environment is really nasty. I just wanna take him against other Gremlins, or people like Mei Feng and Kaeris who love to set their mates on fire.

Colette should also get a kick out of Hostile Work Environment :D 

2 hours ago, PositronMike said:

I also think he will help the emissary a lot as giving it 3 ap will help with getting it where it needs to go

Unless the book is wrong the Emissary is not a Construct. Effigies are constructs but not Emissaries.

8 minutes ago, SaintScythus said:

Unless the book is wrong the Emissary is not a Construct. Effigies are constructs but not Emissaries.

This is true however, Sparks can make something a construct and then give it fast. When you make something a construct it gets Armor +1 so the emissary will go up to Armor +2. This will make him even more annoying to remove from the board.

I am very tempted to try Sparks and the Emissary in a Wong crew where Wong has explosive solutions and gremlins luck, have Sparks make the Emissary fast and then pack it with explosives. Emissary goes into the middle of the enemy crew and you shoot it with Wong. If you get the :ramtrigger on lightning jump when you shot the emissary you can be placing 3 :blastwhich are doing 4 damage on a moderate damage flip and 4 :blast doing 5 damage on severe. I would probably aim to do moderate as you are only then doing 1 damage on the Emissary after armor to place 3 :blast doing 3 or 4 damage (depending on triggers) to anything they touch.

• Like 2

Ahh I see where you are coming from now. I do think that is pretty card/suit intensive but true! I think that Sparks with regular stuffed piglets and Wong would be pretty fantastic after packing them with more explosives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintScythus said:

Ahh I see where you are coming from now. I do think that is pretty card/suit intensive but true! I think that Sparks with regular stuffed piglets and Wong would be pretty fantastic after packing them with more explosives.

I wouldn't say it is that card intensive. Sparks needs a 6:tome and then 2 other 6s for it to go off. If you don't need Sparks to hand out fast that turn then it just drops to 2 6s. The emissary already gives blasts placed with 4 +1 damage so the main resource usage is ensuring you get a cheatable damage flip off the emissary and if you can throw a :ram for Wongs attack that would help but isn't that needed as he has good triggers on most suits, about the only one I wound't want is the :mask trigger.

It is probably a good tactic to go for on turns where you have a lot of low/medium value cards in hand as you can turn them into a lot of damage.

Hostile work environment is awesome.

A part from that, I don't see it a model that can compete with the 7 SS gods the faction has.

However, the Glowy-fast-Lazarus seems fun enough to deserve a try !!

I will give them a shot tomorrow and let you know :P

Unfortunately we don't have any constructs...so I'd say is pretty "out from the blue"...probably a good one with Mei Feng? as foundry model

• Like 1

Expensive true but that 4th Pigapult shot can be worth quite a lot particularly in the early rounds of the game.

With Quality Mash Liquor Sparks could be the best Pigapult Tender we got, to bad he doesn't have a method of providing the Piglets (perhaps a future Sparks upgrade could do that, call it "Secret Power Source" and allow him to summon a Piglet from a Scrap counter).

On 8/8/2016 at 11:10 PM, Math Mathonwy said:

It gives the target a Condition that adds a blast to any moderate and severe damage it suffers.

Ahhhh...thanks. Still has some interesting possibilities with Stuffed Piglets, as SaintScythus pointed out. Pre-load them for extra Boom. Does that spell ("Packed With Explosives") also need a Scrap Marker to go off though? 

Actually, would that ability also have application in a Zoraida crew? If Sparks can apply the condition to the Voodoo Doll, then everyone who hits it would also generate blasts from the Sewn Fate target, right?

1 hour ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Actually, would that ability also have application in a Zoraida crew? If Sparks can apply the condition to the Voodoo Doll, then everyone who hits it would also generate blasts from the Sewn Fate target, right?

It would be an easy way to apply the condition, but you would have to hit the model itself to blast off it - the extra blast is only from attack actions which target the model, whereas the damage through the sewn fate condition isn't from an attack action or one that targeted the model.

That said, I reckon it could be pretty fun in a Zoraida crew. Get the condition onto an enemy, then Obey a big hitter to focus and attack that enemy (bonus points if the big hitter is your opponent's model), and cheat in severe for the damage flip. Probably not worth the effort, but would definitely make for a spectacle. The look of betrayal on the face of that Young Nephilim as Nekima not only smacked it in the face, but hit it so hard that it exploded all over the nearby terror tots too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...