Question: Bayou Rampage

TeddyBear

Sorry for this question, i have searched in all forum but don't find anything about this.. :(

If i hire two Wild Boar.. (but i loose flip for hiring priority) both side by side

Are other Wild Boars legal traget for W.B. Bayou Rampage?

Thanks again!

Edit: If i'm not in a tournament can i hire mctavish with Zoraida without Z's Upgrade?

43 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Sorry for this question, i have searched in all forum but don't find anything about this.. :(

If i hire two Wild Boar.. (but i loose flip for hiring priority) both side by side

Are other Wild Boars legal traget for W.B. Bayou Rampage?

I'm not sure what "hiring priority" flip you're talking about, but...

Everyone's models that are in charge range and line of sight are potential legal targets for the wild boars.  Yours, the other player's models, etc. *

Bayou Rampage: At the start of this model's Activation, if it is not engaged, within :aura2 of a friendly Gremlin, or within :aura8 of a friendly model with the Pork Whisper'n Ability, it must take the Charge Action if it is able and there is a legal target available.

All of that fancy stuff in the "if it is not ...." section doesn't make any of those models invalid targets for charging.  Those wild boars don't have to charge the nearest model, but whatever they do charge has to be in range due to how the charge rules are written.

Thanks again!

Edit: If i'm not in a tournament can i hire mctavish with Zoraida without Z's Upgrade?

What does being in a tournament have to do with anything?

Two easy steps:

1.  Declare your faction as Gremlins.

2.  Hire Zoraida and McTavish on the same crew because they're both Gremlins.

The alternative:

1.  Declare your faction as Neverborn

2.  Hire Zoraida, take the Tarot Reading upgrade, and hire McTavish (which you can do because he's a Swampfiend, and the Bayou Servants ability lets Zoraida hire out-of-faction Swampfiend models).

[*]  The requirement to charge a model is to end in engagement range of the model, not to end up engaging them:

Target a model within LoS. Move this model up to its Cg in a straight line. This model must end the move with the target model within its engagement range or this Action may not be taken.

That means that it's legal to charge a friendly model.  Because it's legal, pigs have to do it if you can't find a legal enemy model to charge.

Thank you very much Solkan and sorry for my noob question,

12 minutes ago, solkan said:

Usually we flips a card (at the beginning of game) for who hire (his crew) first.. (i know my english is terrible)

Sorry again but i don't understand if wild boar are legal target of Bayou rampage.. because if i have (for example) one silurid near wild boar; wild boar charge it..or no?

13 minutes ago, solkan said:

Usually we flips a card (at the beginning of game) for who hire (his crew) first.. (i know my english is terrible)

You're meant to hire crews at the same time, then choose and declare schemes and then you flip to see who deploys first.

Did you mean deployment as in placing the models on the table?

1 minute ago, TeddyBear said:

Thank you very much Solkan and sorry for my noob question,

Sorry again but i don't understand if wild boar are legal target of Bayou rampage.. because if i have (for example) one silurid near wild boar; wild boar charge it..or no?

Consider this situation: You have a Silurid next to Wild Boar #1, and the other Wild Boar is 6" over with no gremlin model near it.  Those are the only three models on the table and there's no terrain on that section of the table.

The Silurid next to Wild Boar #1 isn't a friendly Gremlin model, so it doesn't prevent Bayou Rampage making the wild boar charge. 

When Wild Boar #1 activates, it has to charge someone.  Both Wild Boar #2 and the Silurid are valid targets to charge.

When Wild Boar #2 activates, it has to charge someone.  Both Wild Boar #1 and the Silurid are valid targets to charge.

15 minutes ago, solkan said:

Consider this situation: You have a Silurid next to Wild Boar #1, and the other Wild Boar is 6" over with no gremlin model near it.  Those are the only three models on the table and there's no terrain on that section of the table.

The Silurid next to Wild Boar #1 isn't a friendly Gremlin model, so it doesn't prevent Bayou Rampage making the wild boar charge. 

When Wild Boar #1 activates, it has to charge someone.  Both Wild Boar #2 and the Silurid are valid targets to charge.

When Wild Boar #2 activates, it has to charge someone.  Both Wild Boar #1 and the Silurid are valid targets to charge.

Ok perfect! Now i understand.

In your opinion (in one Zoraida's neverborn-swampfiends list) is better to deploy 1 or 2 wild boars? (i want to try them)

12 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Yes, for understand how to deploy 2 Wild Boar.. In a Zoraida's List (neverborn) but to prevent boar's charging on my other models

Zoraida has the ability:

Enthrall: This model’s Crew may hire any Living model with a Wp 4 or less as if they had the Mercenary characteristic.

Hog Whispers are Wp 4.  Lots of models in the Gremlin faction are Wp 4 or less.

So, generally, you do one of two things:

1.  Hire Gremlins and put the gremlins near the pigs.

2.  Use Obey or a push or something else on the wild boar so that it's more than nine inches away from your models (or at least can't see your models).

2 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

McTavish also has the Mercenary Hiring Characteristic (Malifaux 2E - Rules Manual, Characteristics, Page 64 - 66), which means that any Faction that is not Gremlins can hire him for one extra Soulstone - that is 11 SS.
Remember though that if you declare Neverborn as your Faction, McTavish can only have Neverborn Upgrades, which means no Cute Critters nor Mud Toss Upgrades will be available to him.

1 hour ago, TeddyBear said:

Yes, for understand how to deploy 2 Wild Boar.. In a Zoraida's List (neverborn) but to prevent boar's charging on my other models

Easiest way to prevent Wild Boars from charging your own models would be deploy them via their From the Shadows Ability, which reads: "This model may be deployed anywhere on the board that is at least 6” away from the enemy Deployment Zone. This model may not take Interact Actions on the first turn."

The easiest answer is to deploy the wild boar where they can't see/reach your own crew. Severe and Blocking terrain make it easier, but you could just deploy them right on a board edge, and then not have one of your models within range. From the shadows makes this easier.

If you deploy both the wild boar next to each other, then they are a legal target for the otehr one to charge

Thanks all for answers!

without opening a new thread, could ask you which lists is better  between those??

Zoraida -- 5 ss Cache

+ Hex Bag - 1ss

+ Tarot Reading - 2ss

Bad Juju - 8ss

+ Eternal Fiend - 2ss

+Fears given Form - 1ss

Gupps - 4ss

Gupps - 4ss

Gupps - 4ss

Wild Boar - 6ss

Iggy - 5ss

McTavish - 10ss

Zoraida -- 4 ss Cache

+ Hex Bag - 1ss

+ Tarot Reading - 2ss

+ Crystal Ball - 2 ss

Bad Juju - 8ss

+ Eternal Fiend - 2ss

+Fears given Form - 1ss

Gupps - 4ss

Spawn Mother - 9ss

Wild Boar - 6ss

Iggy - 5ss

McTavish - 10 ss

Neither are legal. 

If you are playing as Neverborn you only have access to Neverborn upgrades, so you can't use cute Critters on McTavish. 

The best list depends on what you are trying to do. For example, the first list is probably much better for stake a claim, or Interference, but the second list is probably better for reckoning or Turf war.