When does Reactivate end?

OneLittleThunder

Question

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but it seems slightly counterintuitive, so I want to confirm it with those that know better.

A model gains the Reactivate condition. After it has taken its second activation, does it still have the Reactivate condition (until the end of the turn)?

I believe the answer is yes. There is nothing that indicates that Reactivate goes away after it is "used." It seems odd because, if a player is using counters to mark conditions, the counter is usually (in my experience) removed after (or at the start of) the second activation to indicate that the model has been activated twice. But I believe the condition itself should persist; the option to activate the model twice in a turn has been used, but the condition remains until end of turn as usual.

For those wondering why it would matter: Shenlong's attack ability, Burn Like Fire, lets him end the Defensive, Focused, Fast, and Reactivate conditions on a target enemy model and apply any ended conditions to himself. While it would certainly be better for him to do this before the enemy model reactivates, it seems that he could do it even after both enemy activations if desired.

Is this correct?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, katadder said:

would make sense, also means they cant regain reactivate to activate again (which I know they cant but provides some backing for this)

Does it really need more backing than the second paragraph of Reactivate, between

A model may not benefit from the Reactivate Condition more than once per Turn, even if it lost the Reactivate Condition and then gained it again.

and the stacking rules?

1.  The stacking rules say that you can't have Reactivate multiple times at once.

2.  Reactivate itself says that it doesn't care how many times you gain and lose it in a turn, you're only going to benefit once.

I mean, it's sort of neat that Reactivate remains on the model after the activation so that condition moving effects can recycle it by moving it onto a different model, but no one is going to talk their way into using Reactivate to let a model activate three times during a turn.  The models that can activate that many times have their own rules to do that.  :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, solkan said:

I mean, it's sort of neat that Reactivate remains on the model after the activation so that condition moving effects can recycle it by moving it onto a different model, but no one is going to talk their way into using Reactivate to let a model activate three times during a turn.  The models that can activate that many times have their own rules to do that.  :lol:

Now everyone is going to start playing Sparks, Lazarus, Chiaki and some other Ancestor in a crew led by Mei Feng, so that they can copy reactivate from Brass Arachnid and activate both Chiaki and the other ancestor with one reactivate!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Now everyone is going to start playing Sparks, Lazarus, Chiaki and some other Ancestor in a crew led by Mei Feng, so that they can copy reactivate from Brass Arachnid and activate both Chiaki and the other ancestor with one reactivate!

While this sounds potentially awesome (I don't have the cards in front of me to see specifically how it would work), doesn't Brass Arachnid have to be in a Ramos crew?

57 minutes ago, CougDyver said:

While this sounds potentially awesome (I don't have the cards in front of me to see specifically how it would work), doesn't Brass Arachnid have to be in a Ramos crew?

Yeah, Mei can't hire Brass Arachnid, so your only possibility is to hope that your opponent hires it for you. Makes all this a lot less awesome.

2 hours ago, Paradigm said:

Looks like I have even more reason to annoy all the players who think fluff is important by getting a converted Gracie with a straw hat and robes in my Shenlong crew, calling her the Monk of the Pork River. Easy reactivate on a master! :D

Sorry; Burn Like Fire specifies an enemy model. Otherwise, filth. :)

• Like 1