Wild Boars

edopersichetti

37 minutes ago, Guildenstern said:

Slightly idle question - is there a way to summon in a Boar? It's a pig, and lenny can summon pigs with love it and pet it?

Lenny can summon Piglets, specific model, not Pigs, model type. At the moment, Piglets (Som'er on Trigger, Lenny on Trigger, Ulix), Warpigs (Ulix), and Stuffed Piglets (Sammy and Taxidermists) are the only summonable pigs.

• Like 2

I'd love to see an upgrade for Ulix where he could summon wild boars. Maybe have it be like how he summons piglets except it costs a 10 and does 3 wounds to the 50mm base pig he summons off of and 3 to the wild boar.

I've used 1 boar a couple of times and it was decent enough but there is too much I want to pack into a Ulix list for me to have the stones to hire even the one most of the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thebarbalag said:

Lenny can summon Piglets, specific model, not Pigs, model type. At the moment, Piglets (Som'er on Trigger, Lenny on Trigger, Ulix), Warpigs (Ulix), and Stuffed Piglets (Sammy and Taxidermists) are the only summonable pigs.

You forgot the Sow can summon Piglets as well, on her death through her Farrowing ability or with an enemy Scheme Marker via her Birth action.

On topic though, the issue I have with Wild Boars is that to really maximize their potential you are encouraged to position them up field (away from control and support) as well as force out of activation actions (which isn't exactly a common thing in Gremlin's). If you aren't using these two abilities then you are really just paying a premium for what is essentially a "lean" Warpig or less versatile Piglet.

I think the best Masters to run Wild Boars with are Ulix (he has the mobility to keep up, a way of keeping them controlled when they deploy From the Shadows, and access to methods of forcing out of activation actions (one generating a :+fate:+fate on the attack flip)), possibly Zoraida (since she has Obey, very good mobility, and access to Gremlin models that can keep them under control, to bad Wild Boar's can't Charge as a 1 Action like the Piglet or Warpig can) or Marcus (though he has access to much better choices that aren't liabilities to him and his crew).

I am absolutely fine with them functioning best with Ulix though, and being much less versatile with other Masters, he is after all the Pig Master.

2 hours ago, anumberone said:

I'd love to see an upgrade for Ulix where he could summon wild boars. Maybe have it be like how he summons piglets except it costs a 10 and does 3 wounds to the 50mm base pig he summons off of and 3 to the wild boar.

I could get on board with a tiered "Pig" summoning upgrade for Ulix or perhaps something like the Rapid Growth upgrade available to the Nephilim.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vorschlag said:

I mythological beast that roams the bayou and acts as Patriarch or Matriarch to the wild boar population.....

A Ysgithyrwyn or Gullinbursti perhaps?

Fae-pig-swampfiend?

I would love to see the blind boar god Okkoto from the Studio Ghibli movie Princess Mononoke represented...well before he gets shot up and becomes corrupted almost destroying the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omenbringer said:

Okkoto

is this a historical/cultural legend or just something from a cartoon?

2 hours ago, anumberone said:

rapid growth for pigs. Maybe it gives piglets a trigger to kill a model to become a boar?

It would need to kill a gremlin to throw off its "domesticated" status and become "wild" otherwise I assume it be destined either for dinner or to be a warpig.

Back on topic though regarding the use of 3 warpigs....
I've seen it done in a henchman vs henchman game as a demo it didn't go well for the Old Majors pig patrol.

I "think" three is over kill, I've taken 2 to deal with having 2 snipers, acolytes, trappers etc dropped on me repeatedly.
McTavish with hexed among you could do that with gators or if Zoraidas leading then waldgeist, which can sometimes be better options.
But if your running Ulix I would say two is enough, three is eating into stones reserved for swine you can summon off of or gremlins with various abilities.

A pig going wild and devolving into a wild boar could be awesome!

Sad Lenny can't summon but that's ok, just means I need to read more carefully. Makes sense anyway, that'd probably be either 1) really bad for Gremlins nearby or 2) really OP

I just happen to have the models done so I was curious but will save their uses for when I get the Ulix box.

I think I'd rather a card that grow piglets into boars. 

I haven't tried my boars out yet but was planning on giving it a go soon now that I have mctavish ready. Three seems a bit much though. Seems like they could easily end up attacking each other unless you are playing old major with them.

On 5/26/2016 at 9:09 AM, thebarbalag said:

is Lenny's upgrade ONLY in the som'ner teeth box or is it in the generalist upgrade cards also?