New player topics

trikk

Since we have a lot of topics starting with "How to start with Perdita", "What to buy with Sonnia" etc maybe we should go "The Arcanist" forum Route and have pinned topics for Masters as the "Help with master X" threads are blurring the forum visibility.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ludvig said:

They should all just say -

Step 1: Buy Perditas box, Hounds and Austringers.

Step 2: profit! ;) 

That seems to be what the advice boils down to in the end. Except Lucius who is - get another master :D 

I'm hoping Lucius gets a buff at some point.

As for the topic, I can see not having a single dedicated thread to a master. Mainly because Gaining Grounds being changed each year the models I recommend change.

A lot of wave 3 seems like it was written to improve him. I think it's unlikely that he will get an errata but more likely that models will be added to play into his strenghts. He did get one of the stronger emmissary upgrades for instance and most of wave 3 were strong minions.

Just now, trikk said:

Well, if you`re interested in GG17 just lookup the Perdita thread from 01.01.2017 for recommended models, right? Still better than having 3 "Want to start dita, what should I buy" threads a week.

In all fairness threads are searchable so it's kinda funny when the same thing pops up, sometimes even before the old thread on the subject has moved away from page 1... I do like stickie stuff so why not.

5 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Good idea, don't know why none of our previous topics haven't been stickied.

I know. The threads don't magically stick themselves. If you want a thread sticky you should report it and ask a mod do it or something.

13 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I know. The threads don't magically stick themselves. If you want a thread sticky you should report it and ask a mod do it or something.

That's an outrage, I was told I had a personal moderator following me around and stickying stuff for me... It might owe to the old guild gurus (you included I believe) being firm believers in pullmyfinger and not seeing the need for stickies.