How accepted are gremlins?

Ludvig

Are gremlins tolerated in the human settlements of malifaux at all or are they hunted like vermin? I know Perdita is hunting gremlin bandits in the stories but in real world colonisations of continents there have existed both enemies of the state and accepted individuals of the indigenous population. The question is basically - are gremlins viewed as people or animals by humans? Everyone please feel free to chime in but anyone with good knowledge of the lore, possibly from playing TTB should feel a little extra welcome. ;) 

Additional information: I'm short a lawyer from owning the old Lucius set and since they're rare 2 it seems like a bad idea to get a box of two. I was starting to get silly model ideas for a gremlin in a robe and wig. I'm guessing it might be unlikely for a gremlin to rise to that sort of position but hey, Lucius plays by his own rules right? Besides that, the masks worn by his lawyers and apparent willingness for his special retinue of loyal guardsmen to accept working next to a Mature Nephilim sort of has me thinking that anything goes as far as they're concerned.

• Like 1

The Som'er story from Shifting Loyalties implies that they're not unheard of in Malifaux city and not necessarily shot on sight (by everyone).

From a modelling perspective it should be fairly easy to build, someone did a Lucius/Gremlin conversion as part of the Iron Painter round 1 and it looks amazing: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/uploads/monthly_2016_03/large.20160328_002125_Richtone%28HDR%29-1.jpg.2b3771f5dcba123c186a07838b0a4595.jpg

• Like 1

How could they be accepted when they aren't even a real faction?

On a more serious note, I have assumed Gremlins are treated much the same way as the native people of more remote areas were treated before the invention of basic human rights i.e. not well. They are probably perceived as being slightly smarter than animals, and tolerated by some of the more open minded individuals and hated or feared by the rest.

10 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

How could they be accepted when they aren't even a real faction?

On a more serious note, I have assumed Gremlins are treated much the same way as the native people of more remote areas were treated before the invention of basic human rights i.e. not well. They are probably perceived as being slightly smarter than animals, and tolerated by some of the more open minded individuals and hated or feared by the rest.

There is that. They were even cast out of the outcasts! :D  

Lucius seems like an open-minded kind of mimic doesn't he? Accepting of everyone with the right talent. His lawyers are probably more like clerks who sign his documents and do weird little magic tricks, not all of them needs to feature in public much.

13 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

This. The treatment of Chinese in Deadwood might be one possible view.

Oh, and Sparks and Survivors also show that Gremlins mingle with humans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

This. The treatment of Chinese in Deadwood might be one possible view.

Oh, and Sparks and Survivors also show that Gremlins mingle with humans.

Ah, deadwood! I thought that's how Three Kingdoms-people were treated. I'm thinking the gremlins would be more like the native americans?

• Like 1