vs Ramos

Bodiless

19 hours ago, Khyodee said:

I've played this matchup before on tournament level and Leveticus is strong here. He can' turn those spiders into abominations and when they die drop corpse markers instead of scrap. It really slows down the Ramos summoning engine.

Basically this. 

Spiders come in on at best 3 wounds, so you're killing them on moderate damage. You can take out the whole lot in 1 activation and end up with 3 abominations. 

Bring hodgepodge effigy so you can burn stones for Crows for abominations trigger and get it back straight away. Against summoner crews that thing gives you all the stones you need. 

I thought about this option after my last game, and it actually wouldn't have helped me that much. Between the terrain and the other models there wouldn't have been much of a charge lane to where the spiders tended to come in. If I did manage to get the charge I think the main thing I would have accomplished would have been to overextend Taelor and get her murdered by Joss. 

In this instance though Welcome to Malifaux would have meant activating Taelor early so it was up when the spiders were summoned. Then she would have charged and crushed one of them (only one since the spiders arrive simultaneously if I remember how WtM works) and then been left standing right in front of Joss who had not activated yet. Probably after eating a couple of electrical fires and an electric creation detonation. 

I don't have a picture of the board state so you will sort of have to trust me here - if I had sent Taelor charging off after the spiders I would not have gotten her back except in a box. 

2 hours ago, Bodiless said:

In this instance though Welcome to Malifaux would have meant activating Taelor early so it was up when the spiders were summoned. Then she would have charged and crushed one of them (only one since the spiders arrive simultaneously if I remember how WtM works) and then been left standing right in front of Joss who had not activated yet. Probably after eating a couple of electrical fires and an electric creation detonation. 

I don't have a picture of the board state so you will sort of have to trust me here - if I had sent Taelor charging off after the spiders I would not have gotten her back except in a box. 

Taelor can use her 2ap attack action on the charge, so she could wreck one, and splash the rest (note it is not a :pulse, but a "within" so the spiders are hit). Also the charge is optional so if it is just going to get her killed you don't have to move her. Welcome to Malifaux last until end of turn, and she can charge from it even if engaged. So she can prevent the spiders from getting out of hand.

If you are taking Levy you could take the upgrade to hire undead, add a belle and use it to pull Taelor back to safety. 

If you opponent doesn't take Ramos she's still good against a lot of arcanist models.

I'd agree with most of what has been said re Levi.

Hamelin is also a problem for Ramos in Interference particularly. He'll be getting at least as many summons as your opponent per round and while they aren't significant they can stop other people scoring. Hamelin also has a stronger positioning game than Ramos so it's certainly a good matchup, but be prepared for long rounds!

From: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/112521-jack-daw-v-ramos-scheme-running/

On 10/22/2015 at 8:23 PM, FacelessOne said:

Jack Daw can shred through a Ramos crew with a little luck. Firstly the guillotine injustice definitely works on constructs. A great target for it is those pesky spider swarms if he summons one; they are still minions. Secondly if you smack Ramos with drowning injustice he now has to decide if taking two points of damage on his master is worth summoning spiders. Howard Langston similarly gets shut down with firing squad injustice.

I really like Hannah with Jack Daw. She can copy the guilty's share guilt to torment herself, then benefit from both writhing torment, and the creeping terror. Five inches of no inbuilt suits on Mi, Sh, Ca actions emanating from a large base can really shut down certain enemies. In this case both Howard and Ramos for their decapitate trigger, and spider summoning respectively. Secondly with twist and turn Hannah can put out a third 2/4:blast/6 :blast:blast .

The guily make great scheme runners because they can hurt other scheme runners that try and tie them up, have that free push from writhing torment, as well as a (0) to push towards another tormented model. Also since tormented is a characteristic not a condition the share guilt's torment doesn't go away.

Having acquired the crossroad's seven since that post, I also recommend adding in Lust, and Sloth. The goal here is to shut down the summoning engine, and deny your opponent the ability to cheat in high cards for more spiders as he will have to discard.

All of these are good advice. I personally have not tried Jack vs Ramos. However Hamelin with his obey upgrade(piper I believe) is I think the best. Also his aura charge denial is fantastic against Ramos themed. 

So the obey.It's awesome because You can target a spider and easily cause it to blow itself up. The rest of Hamelin is great , with rats you won't be out activated. A Rat King and some catchers can be havoc. 1 charge a blight spider, spray of filth, charge another, reactivate etc. 

Another option: Viktoria 

The viks are Great against crowds. Lots of armor denial whirlwinds .. Toss in tealor and Vanessa with Lazarus then nothing will survive.

Taelor and Johann are the first things that come to mind. I might take both of them depending on Schemes and Strats just because Relic Hammers are so good versus constructs like Langston and Joss. Taelor in particular is great against Ramos be her threat range on Welcome to Malifaux is 9 inches. This is particularly good if you can get her on an elevate piece of terrain because then the summoned spiders have few places to hide. Back her up with a Librarian and you don't really even have to worry about fall damage.